The "What's your job" thread

unemployment supports my habbit for right now. :) ...but about 3 months ago it was doing home weatherization for the energy partners program. Contracted through PG&E. 100% free program for qualifying people. Not a bad job, just involved working in low income homes which had alot of crazy people lol. probably go back to the program just a different contractor soon.

SMDSIG3.png

Unemployed now, but my last real job was an area designer / engineer / outside sales / presentation / delivery guy in our Geosynthetics Division for a Geotextiles, Storm Water Management Systems, Drainage and Erosion Control products distributor. I covered 3 counties, dealt with a few dozen agencies, and had over 400 active accounts doing 2.9mil in sales a year making 7%. company car, base, health yadda yadda. Man I missed that job

I usually handle all the swppp stuff at work when the "rainy season" approaches. What kind of work did you do? New construction or what?

I've done my fair share of swppp design work and "action" plans both county and state levels. Mostly Caltrans work and fish & game. Also worked on roadway stabilization and road section reduction plans. And more erosion control and soil stabilization plans then I can remember. I really enjoyed working with leed credit projects and the storm water side.

Nice! Yea I really enjoy the storm water aspect of what I do. I also worked with cal trans on the hwy330 repair last year, that was a fun job. I was hoping I could get In on this years hwy330 repair work but I'm not sure I'll be able to.

Yeah everything has shut the fuck down up here. Every time I turn around there is 1000 guys in my field looking for work with me. I've worked on some massive projects up here that are sitting idle right now. Over 3mil LF of silt fence, wattle and 6 years worth of hydromulch plus an assload of other products would of made for a VERY nice payday on contract.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

I smoke cigarrettes all day.

in my spare time, I do installs and troubleshoot anything 12v.

Try to build something loud, been failing lately.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Couple more job pics:

He almost went over this time

c4eb072e.jpg

Just waiting my for my turn

6e8305d6.jpg

And kingsuv, that's a LOT of erosion control! I'd hate to be on the labor side of that contract!!

professional drunk. nahhh i kid. i work as an automotive repair tech. during the day. then i work overnight at the home depot stocking shelves on the freight team. then i go home take a quick 2 hour power nap,grab a shower, then its back to work. this goes on monday through friday, i basicly sleep away the weekend. it pays the bills nicely.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

I am a professional tattoo artist, I work in Lawton Oklahoma at Elite Skin Art. I have been at that shop for about 6 months and currently drive from Oklahoma City to get to work. Thats about 90 miles one way. I have been published a couple of times and won a couple of Trophies, but I still have a long way to go to be at the level that I want to be. It is a great job that affords me the ability to travel wherever I wanna go, and make good money.

I am a professional tattoo artist, I work in Lawton Oklahoma at Elite Skin Art. I have been at that shop for about 6 months and currently drive from Oklahoma City to get to work. Thats about 90 miles one way. I have been published a couple of times and won a couple of Trophies, but I still have a long way to go to be at the level that I want to be. It is a great job that affords me the ability to travel wherever I wanna go, and make good money.

Nice! Congrats on your accomplishments! You must love what you do to drive 90 miles one way. I had a job that was 128 miles one way, it sucked! My wifes cousin is a tattoo artist in Vegas.

Nice! Congrats on your accomplishments! You must love what you do to drive 90 miles one way. I had a job that was 128 miles one way, it sucked! My wifes cousin is a tattoo artist in Vegas.

Thanks, I am gonna be in Vegas in April for a tattoo convention so I will prolly see him.

Archived