Second Skin Audio

One or two 15s?

Im not sure what would be better for my application one or two 15s. I have an 02 impala so im sure i have enough room for two so that isnt really a factor. But if i got two 15s i would get 1000w rms subs, like bl, t.1000 or something like that. If i got one 15 id like a 2000w rms sub. Ived looked at t.2000, btls and some other. Im going to be using the system for mostly daily driver but still want it to be really loud but not sloppy. So i was just wondering what you guys think would be louder, be cleaner sounding, and better option. Thanks guys. Any other sub options are welcome too.

-2002 Impala Ls

-Optima yellow top x 2, big 3

-Pioneer 5.8" touchscreen

-Infinity 6.1 Kappa Perfect Components

-Alpine type r 6" coaxial x 4

- Audio Que hdc312 x 2

-Mb quart 4 ch. x 2

-knu wire

-Audio Que 2200w amp

- db electric 220amp alt

From what I understand is that the more cone area you have, the louder you can get in a broader hz range. I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but that's how I understand it.

I dont own an 02 impala but its a trunk car, might want to put some thought into if you really have room to properly fit 2 15's in there. Might be possible im not for sure but seems like your really pushin it. Give some dimensions you have to work with and see if someone can calculate it up for you to see what you do have room for.

cone area usually wins.

SMDSIG3.png

alright ill get some dimensions up tom for u guys.

-2002 Impala Ls

- Audio Que hdc312 x 2

-Mb quart 4 ch. x 2

-knu wire

-Audio Que 2200w amp

- db electric 220amp alt

My trunk is 19in tall, 39in deep, and 40 in wide at the slimmest location.

-2002 Impala Ls

- Audio Que hdc312 x 2

-Mb quart 4 ch. x 2

-knu wire

-Audio Que 2200w amp

- db electric 220amp alt

fiberglass the trunk, make it super strong, turn the whole thing into a box, get a bl 18, /thread.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

You would probably be better off with one 15 ported IF you rear fire the subs, that way the air has a way to reflect off the rear and back into the cabin. In my experience, two 12s forward firing was louder than two 15s rear firing.

Official Scores at the Dash. and YES. My Bass Boxing is louder than Burp! - 155.5 DB Drag Burp- 155.6 - IASCA Bass Boxing on music (30 seconds straight) sealed up Builds 1. The Acura Integra build = http://www.stevemead...s/page__st__6802. BLK SIN Build = http://www.stevemead...w-pics-10-6-07/

2 12s.

I have an impala ..

Unless ur going to do some serious cutting and modding.

I have seen 2 15s XLs in a Monte Carlos tho . I'm sure it wasnt there proper air space tho ... Idk . I'll go with 2 12s . I

That 19 tall is that measured under the Rear deck, i really dont think ur gonna have the proper space to do 2 15's and have everything else back there. If you can prove me wrong great, but i think you should go with 2 12's. That will fit in ur ride no problem and u should have room for everything else.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

U gotta figure when u measured under the rear deck how the rear speakers will affect hitting the box. So ur 19 might be 16.5 or 17.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module