23 members have voted

1. 1. will the us see any radiation?

2. 2. will you stay where you are?

• hell yea
    • hell no. im goin to mexico
  3. 3. is the us government trying to hide this here radiation?

• yea, we're all dead
    • nahhhh bass_man is just going crazy

ok, so first off this is in the political forum simply because this can (and probably will) turn into a political deboggle.

with that said. tonite at work we were talking about japan's failing nuclear reactors (i think they are up to 3 now) and how where japan is in relation to the jet stream, combined with the fact that now at least 2 nuclear power plants have lost cooling and melted down releasing large ammounts of radiation into the air, and right into the jet stream. now guess where that jet stream goes. thats right directly over the united states. so with wind speeds, and taking into account the day that the first plant exploded if this does happen california will be hit first as early as friday 3-18-2011. just thought i would get this off my chest.

i have found a website that has fairly frequent updates.

http://offgridsurvival.com/nuclearfalloutreachingamerica/

discuss.

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

They are reporting that even within the evacuation zone that the radiation is that of a chest X-ray

thats what people (and the government) said about chernobyl *** (hope i spelled that correctly)

Walgreen’s pharmacist tells us that they have no more Potassium Iodide because the government has seized all Potassium Iodide supplies.

potassium iodide blocks radiation from entering your thyroid *** (damn again with the spelling)

Edited by Bass_Man_2010

This page is crispy_chick3n approved.

© crispy_chick3n inc

Any amount of radiation leaked from the plants will spread globally but in very small amounts. As of this morning (haven't seen the news about it since around 5 am pacific) none of the reactors were in full meltdown. Actually the worst situation would be that the fire in reactor #4 where the spent fuel rods are stored is not put out. If the spent fuel rods cooling pool burns out of control it would be more devastating then a meltdown would be. Also if any of the containment barriers are cracked this would cause radio active material to leak out into the atmosphere. Its something to keep an eye on for sure. It already is the 3rd worst radio active accident in history. It will be nothing like chernoybl though cause it is 2 different situations. Also I don't think we are getting the whole story but there is not a huge cover up or conspiracy theory.

edit= nija'd by orionstang. I was going to say that if any radiation makes it here it would be less than what you would get from an X-ray and that the tests sites at los alamos are probably more radioactive then we would ever see from Japan.

Edited by siccostyle

01 2dr ExploderBuild log2 18" DC Level 6's (M3's)DC 10k5 XS d3100's, DC 390 alt100' shok ofc cable

Team ShokTEAM SUB SONIC ADDICTION