Sonic Electronix

I just wanted to update everyone here on the status of the 2nd book. It is currently in the editing phase and is scheduled to be released in August of this year. Think of it as an extension of my first - Automotive Wiring and Electrical Systems. The new book, Automotive Electrical Performance Projects, takes everything you learn in AWES and puts it to work to complete projects that solve problems, add functionality, or both. The projects start out simple. By the end of the book, I show you step-by-step the process of converting from carburetion to electronic fuel injection on a roots blown big block Chevy (the one in my avatar)! [Nearly everything is applicable for a naturally aspirated installation as well.]

There is a project in this book for EVERY automotive enthusiast - if it ain't on your to-do list, you may choose to expand you to-do list! Although this book does not cover car audio installation, several of the projects focus on charging system upgrades that are applicable to high powered audio systems. I show you how to determine if an upgrade is necessary, how to perform the upgrade, and how to measure the results - all in step-by-step fashion. This will be a valuable resource for any serious car audio installer - professional or hobbyist.

Here's a link to it: http://www.amazon.com/Automotive-Electrical-Performance-Projects-Candela/dp/1934709557/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1300396844&sr=1-1

You can reserve your copy now at Amazon's absurd price. YES, I am aware that the 4th bullet point on the cover is erroneous - this is a mock cover. "High Output Distributor" is kind of like saying "High Output Crossover" . . . LOL. This is being fixed. [Note: this WAS fixed.]

Thank you to all SMD Members that have supported my efforts on the first book, which is selling better today than ever. Special thanks to may03LT for a great review that has undoubtedly influenced many to purchase it.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

• 5 months later...

Update - this should be available within two weeks. I have my advanced copy. My publisher did a really good job of getting the hundreds of photos and diagrams integrated with the text. All in all, I'm very happy with the outcome.

Just an FYI - the formula for series resistance in the sidebar on page 16 was goofed up somehow in the final process of editing, it should read, "Rt = R1 + R2 + R3 . . . + Rn" Just below that, a "W" appears instead of the symbol for Ohm (Omega).

Thank you to all the SMD Members that have purchased my first book and continue to spread the word about it.

CEAES_468.gif

Would you suggest getting this after having read the first, or does it not matter since it starts off simple?

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert

Would you suggest getting this after having read the first, or does it not matter since it starts off simple?

Yes you should read Tony's first book... just because. :P

Na, I think the first book would be a good supplement to the this upcoming one. Has a lot of good basic info and knowledge every DIY mobile audio/12V guy and gal should know.

Pre ordered #2 about three weeks ago and can't wait! :clapping:

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

It amazes me when I see folks selling it that cheap, but hey that's capitalism at it finest. Amazon.com typically also has it in the $16 range.

The second book assumes that you have the fundamentals down so that you can begin utilizing these skills to perform work. You can view a pretty good outline of what's in the first book HERE. If you don't know that stuff intimately, then I absolutely recommend that you buy the first book. Yes, some of the projects in the second book are quite simple (#1 and #2 specifically), but that quickly escalates in Chapter 2. The second to last project in the book (the '41 Willys) really got ME thinking. I love a good challenge and this project provided plenty of them.

When it comes to car audio, neither of my books go too deeply into the topic mainly because of space restraints. If you have an interest in car audio, then study your math, science, and physics and strive to get A's in these courses. Don't simply memorize the material, learn it! Even though you may have a difficult time seeing how this kind of stuff will help you with your hobby, I can assure you that you won't get very far without it. My books are no different - everything you learn is certainly applicable. Want to master relays? Want to be that guy that can pull out a digital multi meter and make money with it? Want to be the guy that can design a charging system for the largest car audio system? Want to be able to eliminate voltage drop with even the most current hungry of accessories? My books show you this and more.

For those of you that do not know my background, I began installing car stereos at the age of 14 (1983) and I spent over 20 years in the car audio industry. [Check out my bio HERE.] I drew on those skills to pen two books on automotive wiring - not the other way around. My first book has been a best seller and won an award from the International Automotive Media Awards in the Technical: How to Do It category.

But don't take my word for it - both Jon from Second Skin and May03LT posted formal reviews on my first book on Amazon.com. Thanks again to all that have supported my efforts here at SMD - especially my great friend Steve Meade!

CEAES_468.gif

Just received notification of shipment for book 2! Should be here Tuesday (damn Labor Day weekend!).

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Archived