Sonic Electronix

Question for Jeep/Dodge/chrysler or INSTALL Experts

While all of this is going down, make sure you get in writing that he is claiming the alternator was the cause of this issue and why he is not paying. When the report comes back positive, you win. If the report comes back defective, you win.

And if you ever need advice, don't hesitate to shoot me a text or email. I'll get that diagram together for you here soon.

Need an install? Hit me up.
[email protected]

Got car audio questions? Check here first!
Everything you need to know. =]

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/83029-everything-you-need-to-know/

I'll bet my car rt now that I'm right.

In a troubleshooting case like this, when I can't get my hands on the vehicle, there's no way in hell I'd make a bet like that...no matter how certain i am. No matter how many times I've done it...that's why I haven't said anyone else is wrong

This is a very good point. No, I'd never REALLY bet my car on something like this. I was just trying to show how strongly I feel about this. I can't say 100% that is the ONLY problem. But I can say that if it was hooked up like he said, then it wasn't done right. Running a hot wire from the alt is fine, but doing so while using an isolator is NOT fine. It bypasses the isolator. THIS is what I will bet my car on, b/c this I am 100% sure about. Reason is, that when I tried using one, I didn't like how the thing was charging my rear batt, so I got Stinger on the horn, and they said DO NOT run a seperate power wire from the alt to both batteies, as this would cause the isolator to be "confused" and could possibly cause electrical problems. The isolator has to be able to isolate. Running a wire straight from the alt to rear battery is keeping that from happening, and COULD cause a spike in voltage.

Anyway man good luck. And thanks for thee compliment on my car :)

Kickin' Cruiser

Seller Feedback

Stage 3
Dash, Door Panels,
4th Order wall 4 - 15's
on a DC 5.0K 2 DC 5.0K's

Solo X 15 (v.2) Sub Build

Hey Chase can't you get a used TPIM from the salvage yard? Might be really cheap

Hey Chase can't you get a used TPIM from the salvage yard? Might be really cheap

I wish I could but according to the dealership a computer can only be programmed one time. And when they do that they have to program new tire sensors, keys, and I'm sure a few other things to.

While all of this is going down, make sure you get in writing that he is claiming the alternator was the cause of this issue and why he is not paying. When the report comes back positive, you win. If the report comes back defective, you win.

And if you ever need advice, don't hesitate to shoot me a text or email. I'll get that diagram together for you here soon.

Ya that is a good idea. I will type something up today and see if he will sign it this afternoon.

Well things went from bad to worse...The dealership just called me and told me its gonna cost $2,800 to fix my jeep. Apparently the PCM, TIPM, and some other shit is fried...And on top of that apparently the guy spliced into the main wirring harness in such a way it has to be completely replaced also... Once the Alt comes back with a clean test I'm taking this guy to small claims court for sure... I've never done anything like that b4 or sued anyone so I don't really know how it works...But if I can prove the Alt is fine then it should just fall into I brought it to him and it worked and he gave it back broke so he should have to pay...Anyone that has experience being sued or sueing someone over something like this that has input would be a big help.

holy shit dude that sucks.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Well things went from bad to worse...The dealership just called me and told me its gonna cost $2,800 to fix my jeep. Apparently the PCM, TIPM, and some other shit is fried...And on top of that apparently the guy spliced into the main wirring harness in such a way it has to be completely replaced also... Once the Alt comes back with a clean test I'm taking this guy to small claims court for sure... I've never done anything like that b4 or sued anyone so I don't really know how it works...But if I can prove the Alt is fine then it should just fall into I brought it to him and it worked and he gave it back broke so he should have to pay...Anyone that has experience being sued or sueing someone over something like this that has input would be a big help.

since his work requires the harness to be replaced the court will also find that his work requires that the computers be replaced...you can tell him this now, an dhave him pay for it, or you can rent a car while yours is being fixed and include that in your suit...let him know it will cost a lot less just to pay for it. a judgement will prevent him from getting a loan for the next 5 years

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

since his work requires the harness to be replaced the court will also find that his work requires that the computers be replaced...you can tell him this now, an dhave him pay for it, or you can rent a car while yours is being fixed and include that in your suit...let him know it will cost a lot less just to pay for it. a judgement will prevent him from getting a loan for the next 5 years

That's great. As usual SuperJay you have been a ton of help. I wish we had a T3 audio down here in Houston cuz I would definately be a customer for life.

Archived