Sonic Electronix

Ed Explains Trippi's Hummer

Ed, have you considered the fact that all of the mids are actually taking away energy that could be use to pressurize the cabin? That is a buttload of cones moving 20mm? +/- Just curious if that has been taken into account yet?

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

Ed, have you considered the fact that all of the mids are actually taking away energy that could be use to pressurize the cabin? That is a buttload of cones moving 20mm? +/- Just curious if that has been taken into account yet?

LOL. unless they are ported to the outside of the vehicle, the speakers in the doors and dash do nothing more against pressure build then if there were just empty holes there. In fact, they may act more like stuffing a sealed speaker box with cotton versus leaving it empty.

LMAO ok, Dr subwoofer

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

LMAO ok, Dr subwoofer

Lmao too much diffusion

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

I have taken that into account, and tested against it.

Found some gains when I blocked a 10 in the old dash.

But if they werent in there, it wouldnt be Trippi's Hummer the way he wanted. Just another point of why #s are toward the bottom of his important list. If they were up top, he would have far less 4ch amps, and no mids.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

Ed when I asked trippi about it at sbn he explained to me as to that's what he wanted in the first place and that you and he were friends and that was another big reason to do the swap so yeah I totally get it I had a friend get mad at me cause I'm swapping to rockford but thats what I want to each his own both woofers are great and super loud glad I got to see and hear it awesome build no matter who's woofers are in it

Car is 2010 Scion Tc

Currently in car

Deck- Sony XAV-60 in-dash mobile video system

Speakers- Rockford Punch 6.5in comps in the front and coax in the rear

Subs- 2 Gen 3 Rockford P3 12's dual 4 ohm

Amps- Rockford P1000-1bd and P400-4 Alpine Mrp-f300 is in for P400-4 which is out to service

Wiring- all rockford nuff said

Enclosure- Dual 12in custom box by SRQ

Battery- Optima Yellow top with big 3 done

Sound Damping- All Dynamat products 1-2 layers throughout with liner on top

rockford-fosgate-logo.gif

Link to my build log- http://down4sound.co...=newpost&t=5275

Link to my youtube- http://www.youtube.c...ser/Jville140db

MECP Advanced CEA # 110531

BassBox 6 Pro for Box Building/Re audio box calculator

If you can hear the passenger it aint loud enough!!!!!!!

QUOTE (MickyMcD @ Sep 25 2009, 07:25 PM) "My system has 30 speaker terminals, that means shits wanging doggggg....."<!--QuoteEnd--></div>

Archived