Sonic Electronix

Bass boosts make yo speakers go kaboom!

And no seatbelts aren't good grounds ecspcially if it's not sanded down good, reason is you're ground wire will make you're subs hit when you hit a bump due to the vibrations leading up to the seat and the impact. But about the bass boost, I'm not to sure on the exact reason but my understanding from what people say is it distorts the signal, and I think it makes you're subs work hell of alot harder then what they should vs if you were to have turned the gain up. But that's my opinion on that, maybe some one will chime in and clear it up more.

Anyone wondering why bass boost is bad, have you ever wondered as to what it does and how it works? How does it boost the bassline? How does it achieve such audible differences?

Edited by TeamHT

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

And no seatbelts aren't good grounds ecspcially if it's not sanded down good, reason is you're ground wire will make you're subs hit when you hit a bump due to the vibrations leading up to the seat and the impact. But about the bass boost, I'm not to sure on the exact reason but my understanding from what people say is it distorts the signal, and I think it makes you're subs work hell of alot harder then what they should vs if you were to have turned the gain up. But that's my opinion on that, maybe some one will chime in and clear it up more.

ive never heard of this before...someone else care to elaborate?

Anyone wondering why bass boost is bad, have you ever wondered as to what it does and how it works? How does it boost the bassline? How does it achieve such audible differences?

think of an EQ, with the 40hz slider maxed out, alot of amps use different designs, cheaper amps just clip the shit out of "bass"(<70hz) while others raise everything in the 20-70hz range by a solid 6db with a 12db slope, im sure you didnt understand that at all lol, but IMHO its better to use an EQ than any form of bass boost, as long as you know where the EQ clips.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

think of an EQ, with the 40hz slider maxed out, alot of amps use different designs, cheaper amps just clip the shit out of "bass"(<70hz) while others raise everything in the 20-70hz range by a solid 6db with a 12db slope, im sure you didnt understand that at all lol, but IMHO its better to use an EQ than any form of bass boost, as long as you know where the EQ clips.

dont you mean that some bass boosts (like the ones that are normally centralized around 45hz) boost the selected frequency from anywhere between 6 to 18db with a 12db slope?

ive never heard of this before...someone else care to elaborate?

try grounding to a seatbelt ant see, the vehicle rattles while going over bumps, and because seatbelts are a terrible place to ground, the music will dip with the bump because of the drop in voltage going to the amp, due to the shitty ground.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

dont you mean that some bass boosts (like the ones that are normally centralized around 45hz) boost the selected frequency from anywhere between 6 to 18db with a 12db slope?

Yeah, but the really cheap amps just increase the line voltage of everything under 70hz to over 8v, and its pure clip heaven, this was the case with two old coustic amps that i found while cleaning out a storage unit last summer, gotta love storage units.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

Most amps if you look them up will tell you. "most amps" is not a good answer, there are thousands upon thousands of amps all doing different and in most cases like things, but for a individual one just look it up, and half the time they will say on the amps.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

This I know, the questions were rhetoric to people who didn't know WHY bass boost was bad. I was trying to help people rationalize, and see where and why it becomes an issue when they understand what it does and how.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?