Sonic Electronix

what's the power handling on them and what do you have to power them with?

different people will tell you different ways to break speakers in. from my knowledge i don't think breaking in 6.5's or 6x9's would be too important unless you're actually powering them to their full potential and they are going to be seeing some low notes. otherwise if you're only powering them to half of their potential or less, you should be able to just drop them in and enjoy.

but if you have to break them in, i've heard free air at low volumes for about an hour or so works well. i've also heard once you drop em in, play it on half volume for about an hour or so and then you can play it full tilt if you want.

hope that helped

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

what's the power handling on them and what do you have to power them with?

different people will tell you different ways to break speakers in. from my knowledge i don't think breaking in 6.5's or 6x9's would be too important unless you're actually powering them to their full potential and they are going to be seeing some low notes. otherwise if you're only powering them to half of their potential or less, you should be able to just drop them in and enjoy.

but if you have to break them in, i've heard free air at low volumes for about an hour or so works well. i've also heard once you drop em in, play it on half volume for about an hour or so and then you can play it full tilt if you want.

hope that helped

cheap stuff, both pioneer, 6.5s are 30 watts rms and 6x9 is 40 watts rms, and im pushin them with a pioneer deck that puts out 22 x 4 rms, whats your opinion, other than they aren't very good

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Just go easy on them for a while.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

if you're just pushing them with the deck then you should be fine if you just drop em in. but if you really wanna be safe, don't turn it up past 3/4 volume for the first week or so.

Just say no to Ground Pounder Customs.

More box builds

some cars do over 170db with one sub, so clearly my two 12"s can do that in my car, with my knowledge too! look out bitches!

I'm with captain stupid.

if you're just pushing them with the deck then you should be fine if you just drop em in. but if you really wanna be safe, don't turn it up past 3/4 volume for the first week or so.

Is it okay to turn the bass boost up all the way?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Why would you have bass boost on 6.5's?

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Why would you have bass boost on 6.5's?

x2???

How do the Japanese feel about bass?

You know that since 03/11/11

Progene? I just saw that stuff on CNN. They said it makes your junk shrink all up. lol.

im pretty sure the op wont even notice if it gets even smaller.

Refs - Pstone11, porksoda, coleman

Archived