Sonic Electronix

What i Learned today from a "pro"

I'm in SATX and I pass buy old shops closed down and wonder what why they got to that point. It might have been alot of things but my opinion is because they had mediocre products and everyone has turned to the internet.

Youd be surprized how many people buy those mediocre products and dont seem to realize how nice the internet is.

Vehicle: 2002 Volvo S60 2.4t awd.
Headunit: Kenwood DDX-470
Doors: 4x Focal 6.5s/tweets (Adding)
Sub: 2x Sundown Zv4 12's D1
Amps: B2 Zero.1, MB Quart OA600.4
Box: 5.2ish @ 32, Made with Maple, solid oak braces, 45s all around, 2x 5.8" pipes, all fiberglassed up.
Battery: XS D3100, Block Shakers 110AH
Alternator: 250A Excessive Amperage.

All Sky High OFC Wiring.

My Build, plenty of pics: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/198281-2002-volvo-s60-awd-24t-build-log/

I am going through that right now with two friends thinking I'm blowing smoke up there asses. Every time they test me a bit they don't like what they hear and end up time after time falling for magic smoke. Hell even the local radio ad's are fun to hear. THUMP THUMP THUMP MOTHER THUMP!!!! lol

:turkey:

VbjgkeI.jpg

c7HmdKx.jpg

? Dude sound stupid sorry . My t1000 puts 1289 at 2 ohms and 1467 at 1 Rms ............. And I ran a u2 with that same amp at one ohm all day everydAy when I had it never stopes below12 volts and I drive a Honda civic ........95 at that and it cost me300 for the amp 400 for sub .... Now I run the same amp with 2 t1s all no problem????????

RF love

Would this shop happen to be in northern ohio? Probably was the same shop that told me I couldn't fit 2 18's in the rear seat...and tried to sell me 4 15" lanzars and stated "they probably wont fit but if you think you can do it..."

1986 C20 Suburban

9 American Bass XFL 15's

B2 M1MKII

14v XS Power Batteries

Maxwell Caps

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not

you havent lived until you've hit a screw with a router.

that guy thinks your a idiot he knows fosate is good he i just trying to sell what he has in his shop he is pulling the old trick in the car stereo shop owner world he is trying to make you believe he knows best and he is stereo god so you can buy from him just a sells pitch hoping you spend lots of money on his over priced stuff he wants to fuck you without you knowing it be careful do your research ask ask ask bunch of question on here and other forums go to db drags and other car audio related events read read and research talk to people with big beats in there cars sometimes you can get great deals on used or new stuff people are always upgrading there audio stuff hope this helps a little

is this guy a troll, everything I read was almost opposite, the only thing I can agree on is that pioneer makes awesome stuff, but alpine is far from junk for decks

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

why cant any shop ever say "ya thats good stuff too, we just dont carry it"....

they always shit on the other brand. I have heard stories of shops telling youngsters looking for AA and the SMD sub in particular, that its chinese garbage and not as good as "brand x" whatever they carry.

i mean, if you dont know what the fuck you are talking about, why even comment? There is TONS of equipment brands i have no experience with and when people ask me if its any good my answer is always "i dont know, never ran it". Shops are a dying breed and its their own fault.

sorry to my shop owner friends who are not like these asswipes. I know they dont speak for you, all but they themselves wont be in business long.

^X2?!...

If anyone knows of a reliable shop or person in northern ohio that does custom installs let me know

X2 on mike singer... :woot:

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Decided to stop at my local shop and see what all the "new" hype was about...well they now carry DB Drive and Hifonics in house :) how exciting right! So i got to talking with the owner, who is a "pro" in the car audio world, and he told me some things that i never knew...

1. Rockford Fosgate is junk, no better than Lanzar, T1000 will only put out about 800 watts true power... :orly3:

2. DB Drive makes some of the best and most efficient amps available right now :woot:

3. It isnt recommended to have an amp that needs 0/1 gauge because its too hard to ground.stick with 2 or 4 gauge :good:

4. Alpine decks are junk, kenwood/pioneer is top of the line :yahoo:

5. The prefabbed boxes that he has are better than any custom built box 8)

6. To run a T2 12 and a T1000 amp, im going to need to plan on spending AT LEAST $3000.00 after buying sub and amp, because im going to need 2 more batteries, a H.O. Alternator, a 5 Farad Cap, 100ft of 4 gauge(i drive a grand marquis), isolators, and other "misc" items.... :rofl:

Lemme know what you guys think...ohhhhh and he doesnt know who Steve Meade is and DC Audio is "prob just some company smacking stickers on cheap subs"

wow this guy cant be serious a T1000cp is capable of putting out 800 watts 4ohm an 1500 watts at 1 ohm

db drives 07 an lower modles were the best this okur shit is no better the boss

alpine is one of the best pioneer is very good so is kenwood they have came along way

prefab boxes blow unless you jus want somthing to sustain you till u get your custom made box for ur subs recomended on any sub even P1s (good subs dont care who you are ) hifonics is also a great amp im glad they have the colossus back :))))))))) an aslo for 2 t2 12s an a T 1500 i can get for under 1100$ jus got to know the right audio guy

an also to the PRO if you see him soon tell him even noobs know better then to fall for that load of bullshit

Archived