Sonic Electronix

Hey whats up guys, my names Mike and I'm from San Antonio, Texas.

Today I just got 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, and a Rockford R500-1 Amp on lay away. And was wondering y'alls opinion on it.

Much appreciated :)

And this is my first system Im building

Today I just got 2 Rockford Fosgate 12" P1's, and a Rockford R500-1 Amp on lay away. And was wondering y'alls opinion on it.

Not bad for a first system man :) Soon you'll want more though, then you'll end up trying to figure out a way to fit 20 18's under your passenger seat ;) haha good luck with the install man, you doing box and all yourself or what?

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

welcome to the site. the RF's should sound good. until you catch the Bass Fever. then everything starts to become too quiet

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/

Not bad for a first system man :) Soon you'll want more though, then you'll end up trying to figure out a way to fit 20 18's under your passenger seat ;) haha good luck with the install man, you doing box and all yourself or what?

Yeah thats what I have planned, I got a friend thats made his own box for his truck. And then I got a friend who works at O'Reily who could help me install it in his garage. He has the wiring for it and everything. And hopefully he would do it for free lol

And I got another question, whats the difference between a sealed and opened box? One louder than the other? Or what, and what kind of sealing should be used? (Im kinda new with the car audio stuff, so Im going to sound so noob about this! lol)

Although Im sure pleanty will disagree; since this is your first I recommend sealed. Especially with the 25hz Fs on the P1s You'll get nice deep flat response. The box will be simpler to build and will be a greta overall experience all the same.

With a ported box you will enjoy a nice increase at the tuned frequency, at the cost of a slightly more complex box and you'll miss out on the low lows that you can't hear anyway .

/cheers

Edited by Tarball

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

Although Im sure pleanty will disagree; since this is your first I recommend sealed. Especially with the 25hz Fs on the P1s You'll get nice deep flat response. The box will be simpler to build and will be a greta overall experience all the same.

With a ported box you will enjoy a nice increase at the tuned frequency, at the cost of a slightly more complex box and you'll miss out on the low lows that you can't hear anyway .

/cheers

why do you recommend going sealed?

op,

if you (or your buddies) can work a saw and some screws you can do a ported or sealed box. going with an open box you will just have a couple more pieces to put into the box. it will take more time to design the box (or plenty of guys on here can help you do so). going sealed or ported it totally up to you, one is not easier than the other, both have pros and cons.

Ok which one would be recommended for being obnoxious with? lol

Ported. But you probably won't reach obnoxious with this setup...maybe a just little rude :drink40:

Look around these forums a bit and you will see what obnoxios can be...maybe even some ludacris and perhaps 1 or 2 plaid!

Edited by Tarball

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db