Sonic Electronix

you proved only that something with more mass will not vibrate as easy, vibration and resonance are two different subjects completely and furthermore you only proved what i said...the cycle will CONTINUE NON STOP.

:orly3:

So vibration has nothing to do with resonance???

:okasshat:

I feel dumber just reading that retarded ass comment from you

when you're done pretending to be smart, try a little comprehension next time, and KNOW what youre talking about first. being different from each other and having nothing to do with each other are two entirely different statements, and to correlate the two would be simpleminded.

i find when people revert to namecalling it is because they lack the ability to logically debate a point. just saying.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

and to avoid confusion SQ, maybe googling the difference between vibration and resonance will help understanding how and when damplifier or "actual" dampening will work and why others simply wont.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

I got bored. I deadens just the outer layer of my rear door today with second skin damiplifier. I have a video with a comparison of no deadener on the front and one layer on the rear. I actually have 40^ft of fatmat I could do a comparison but I do not want to put fatmat in my vehicle any more so it won't happen. I'll upload the video in a little to show what just 6^ft of deadener does. Another words about $18 of butyl deadener.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Ok yeah I think this thread went a little off course. I guess this is one of the problems with the internet, you can't tell what tone people are speaking in.

I am not here to discredit, put down, make fun of, or insult anyone.

I am here to offer my two cents, just like everyone else and nor do I pretend to know everything there is to know about sound deadening.

I am offering an opinion based on my experiences with these products, not just Second Skin's.

Based on experiences with P&S products here in Idaho, they just don't hold up. If anyone has ever looked at or removed any OEM sound deadening mat from a vehicle, you know how brittle and hard it is. It wasn't originally THAT hard when they installed it.

If there is anything we all can agree with, it's that everyone has an opinion.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

Uploading now. Says 10 minutes left. This isn't any fancy controlled test. Its me beating on my door panel as a comparison of no deadener at all and almost one layer of damplifier on the inner back door. I'm not going to talk someone into buying a certain product but I know where I will spend my hard earned money. Vid soon.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Just had three sheets laying around because I need to order more so you see in the video I wasn't able to cover the entire panel. After I had just one sheet on the top half the entire door had already got quieter.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

I can't stress this enough. DO NOT USE PEEL AND SEAL!

There are a ton of companies out there that make better quality products than peel and seal. Dynamat, eDead, Second Skin, Audiotechnix, Raammat, FATMat, etc.

And there is a huge importance between the thickness of the butyl core and the thickness of the aluminum constrained layer, both of which the peel and seal lack (as well as some of the cheaper sound deadening materials). Without this correct ratio you are more or less just adding weight to the panel (mass loading) and not actually controlling the vibrations.

In my opinion, avoid doing it on the cheap and buy a product that was specifically designed for sound deadening.

Later,

of course your going to say that because you work for a rival and clearly more expensive company

but see...that's why i like this thread. he never once said to buy second skin. maybe over P&S, but not hands down over anything. he even named other brands to buy over P&S. all he has done was explain the pros and cons of using P&S over a reputable sound deadener. very descriptive threads at that. which i find funny when someone argues with him when he clearly has a vast knowledge of many many different deadeners and others have experience with one or two.

I can't stress this enough. DO NOT USE PEEL AND SEAL!

There are a ton of companies out there that make better quality products than peel and seal. Dynamat, eDead, Second Skin, Audiotechnix, Raammat, FATMat, etc.

And there is a huge importance between the thickness of the butyl core and the thickness of the aluminum constrained layer, both of which the peel and seal lack (as well as some of the cheaper sound deadening materials). Without this correct ratio you are more or less just adding weight to the panel (mass loading) and not actually controlling the vibrations.

In my opinion, avoid doing it on the cheap and buy a product that was specifically designed for sound deadening.

Later,

of course your going to say that because you work for a rival and clearly more expensive company

but see...that's why i like this thread. he never once said to buy second skin. maybe over P&S, but not hands down over anything. he even named other brands to buy over P&S. all he has done was explain the pros and cons of using P&S over a reputable sound deadener. very descriptive threads at that. which i find funny when someone argues with him when he clearly has a vast knowledge of many many different deadeners and others have experience with one or two.

He is trying to steer you away from using a deadener that uses asphalt. I have messed around with eDead, P&S, FatMat, Hush Mat, RaamMat, Second Skin, Dynamat, Audio Wrap, Audio Technix (My company) and several others. All of the companies that use asphalt in there adhesives have a 1-2 mil thick so called aluminum. eDead's supposed aluminum looks like a silver laminated paper. Most of the people that say good things about the companies that have asphalt in there adhesive live up north. Since it doesn't get so hot up there you do not have problems with smell and it falling off. Deadeners that use asphalt usually will fall off before reaching 200 degrees. Unlike butyl based deadeners that use no added asphalt can with stand high temperatures for long periods of time.

It seems to me like Jon is just trying to steer people away from deadeners with asphalt in them, and push people towards using a deadener that uses a butyl adhesive with no added asphalt.

Archived