Sonic Electronix

I have used it myself, like others have said, its not the best stuff out there for sure, but if you need something cheap, it should work. Ive had it on for over 2 years in the extreme southern oklahoma triple digit heat and it has never ran or dripped, Maybe i am using a different kind or brand but the stuff i get you can only get from lowes not home depot and it is 16 bucks a roll and you wont get any cheaper than that, but its not Dynomat, closer to Audiowrap . I got mine after seeing the EXO vid in the above post also.

I can't stress this enough. DO NOT USE PEEL AND SEAL!

There are a ton of companies out there that make better quality products than peel and seal. Dynamat, eDead, Second Skin, Audiotechnix, Raammat, FATMat, etc.

And there is a huge importance between the thickness of the butyl core and the thickness of the aluminum constrained layer, both of which the peel and seal lack (as well as some of the cheaper sound deadening materials). Without this correct ratio you are more or less just adding weight to the panel (mass loading) and not actually controlling the vibrations.

In my opinion, avoid doing it on the cheap and buy a product that was specifically designed for sound deadening.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

After all these posts im kinda scared to use cheaper stuff, would it be worth it to just save up money and get damplifier pro?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

the only thing i would use peel and seal for is the back of a license plate. other than that get some audiotechnix or save up for another deadener

JEEP BUILD PROJECT ANTIBLING.2000 jeep Cherokee.HEADUNITAlpine Cda-9886SUBSTAGE1 acendent 18" audio mayhem motor with a TI basket and tantric parts1 prototype DAT hellfire 1000.1HIGHSStockELECTRICALdb link 0 gaugeKnuconceptz Kolossus 4 gauge1 xs power d3400 under hoodBig 3 upgradeold fourwheeler build

The only way to delete your SMD account is for you crawl to steve meades door step on your knees and pleade for his forgiveness and acceptance to be released...He will either grant your wishes.....or choke you with a large piece of 0 gauge and electrocute you by hooking up a solid gold DC 12k at 0.000001 ohm and 10000 volts to your eye sockets and blow your head apart

You guys act like you have never clogged a toilet and ran around the bathroom frantically hoping it don't overflow.

After all these posts im kinda scared to use cheaper stuff, would it be worth it to just save up money and get damplifier pro?

It's worth it to use the higher quality product. Be it Damplifier, Dynamat, Raammat BXT, etc. Just avoid peel and seal.

Later,

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

get fatmat its the cheepest out there 100sq ft for $120 to $150 on ebay thats a bunch you can double it up works great i used it on two cars all others are to expensive same crap all the same different thickness all those sound dampers mats all it is is instant roofing sealant with there logo stamp on it you can get at home depot or roofing supply store same crap

get fatmat its the cheepest out there 100sq ft for $120 to $150 on ebay thats a bunch you can double it up works great i used it on two cars all others are to expensive same crap all the same different thickness all those sound dampers mats all it is is instant roofing sealant with there logo stamp on it you can get at home depot or roofing supply store same crap

you really have no idea what you are talking about. the roofing material you are talking about is asphalt based. a good quality audio deadener is butyl based. did you read anyhting that was posted here or just blurt out your ignorance on the subject first? Im going with the blurting of your ignorance since this post explains it all

I can't stress this enough. DO NOT USE PEEL AND SEAL!

There are a ton of companies out there that make better quality products than peel and seal. Dynamat, eDead, Second Skin, Audiotechnix, Raammat, FATMat, etc.

And there is a huge importance between the thickness of the butyl core and the thickness of the aluminum constrained layer, both of which the peel and seal lack (as well as some of the cheaper sound deadening materials). Without this correct ratio you are more or less just adding weight to the panel (mass loading) and not actually controlling the vibrations.

In my opinion, avoid doing it on the cheap and buy a product that was specifically designed for sound deadening.

Later,

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

Ive used Dynamat as well as second skin. Both are great products but can be a little hard to get into those curvy areas. The next product im going to try is audiotechnix when i do the doors. 25sq ft for 50 bucks isnt too bad and i havent seen anyone that hasnt liked it yet. but that isnt from personal experience. like n8 said the only thing you should use on your car from Lowes or Home Depot is tip ties, solder, screws/nuts and bolts, and wood.

2 Fi BTL N2 18s Fully LoadedSundown Audio NS-1Kenwood 845 HU Clarion EQ4 Juicebox 3100sKnu Wire"Big 3"Mechman 270a156.3dBTeam GG.

I used second skin damplifier on the back of my plastic door panel in 50 degree weather and installed it completely by hand. No heat, no roller. Just put it on and push down even in corners it was easy as hell. And it is by far a much better product then any asphalt based stuff

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

Archived