Sonic Electronix

I have to disagree when it comes to 160+ installs where the equipment doesn't matter. I want to see a 160+ install with pyle, boss, and soundstorm...

And maybe theres a reason why nobody "big" doesn't use the warhorse.

Sure, using that type of equipment.

I mean something people would actually use vs a similar product.

And why do you think nobody competing uses the Warhorse? I'm sure there is a reason too. But that also doesn't mean the amp sucks.

I mean personally I can't say either way.

I bet if the title said 4 DC 3.5ks, people would of said the same thing or maybe even bashed Kicker more.

Seems nothing is comparable to DC on this site.

I lol'd because this is so true.

I have yet to see any kicker bashing...a fan favorite is different.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

nobody said it sucks its just inferior

its like comparing a corvette to a enzo ferrari yeah its a corvette... but there is a enzo over there

the enzo is the ugliest thing that has ever come out of a ferrari plant but its still an enzo

Btw that was the first person. Ever banned by me while dropping a deuce. Feel privileged

I have to disagree when it comes to 160+ installs where the equipment doesn't matter. I want to see a 160+ install with pyle, boss, and soundstorm...

And maybe theres a reason why nobody "big" doesn't use the warhorse.

Sure, using that type of equipment.

I mean something people would actually use vs a similar product.

And why do you think nobody competing uses the Warhorse? I'm sure there is a reason too. But that also doesn't mean the amp sucks.

I mean personally I can't say either way.

I never said the amp sucks. I have never used the amp due to personal preference and personal choice. But rating a 10,000 accurate RMS amp to two underrated 3500 RMS amps is a little different.

I wonder if the OP has even wired the warhorse correctly. It can be VERY confusing. I would contact CJ18 with questions.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

People saying Sundown over warhorse are just full of nonsense.

You guys really think a saz 3500 will put out 5000watts? ><

Because the warhorse will put out atleast 10kw of power.

To the OP, you need better electrical.

You switched from 14kw to 20kw atleast so you should upgrade.(although a warhorse is very effficient.)

Each one draws 900amps

Kicker makes good stuff but its not really worth it trying to get 10k out of a warhorse

How can you be so sure that they both draw 900 amps? :)

I think it's just user error, the amp has better technology then sundown.

Maybe he even hasn't turned up some knobs or didn't set the gain right or wired it wrong, we all don't know because he doesn't answers.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

The warhorse is a monster amp, are you sure they are properly adjusted and running at the right impedance, i know wiring up those things is a work of art ;)

What is your voltage dropping to? Have you clamped power out of the amps? What is the current draw on the amps?

Did you do any changes to the enclosure/vehicle etc.

What is your electrical like? Do you have enough runs running to the amps?

Warhorse is up there with the jbl crown in my book, always have been to expensive now everyone has them?

slapping 20kw in and saying you dropped a db sounds odd.

yea am sure i have it hooked up correctly now the first time i installed it i was almost goin crazy with all those 8guage sub wire and matchin coils correctly..my voltage drops to 12.0-12.3 full tilt..am runnin 6 d3100 and 6yellow top being that i had them there and a mechman 270 alt!

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

Imnot impressed with the warhorse at all i have 2 teamates with them and there numbers arent spectacular. show me someone putting up 55s with a warhorse. op what are your numbers i would d0 4 sd 3500s all day over 2 warhorses. they only do 10k at 14.4v and like 6k at 12.6 from the research ive done

my number with it so far with little testin due to windshield unstick im @154.6 @41hz. which am not satisfied with!

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

its his electircal did you look at the minimum requirements for the warhorse? it says u need 2 200 amp alts and i think 8-10 800cca batteries. so you should have a quad alternator setup and like 8 -10 xsd3100 to be getting good power Steve has 30 000 watts and he has 4 alternators and 10 batteries and his voltage is good

bottom line kicker makes good products and theres nothing wrong with them and theres nothing wrong with sundown but, if u want to compare the 2 atleast follow the requirements then compare

yea they require atleast 4 d3100 and 2 200 amp alts per amp! but there is no way i can get a quad bracket for a trailblazer..barely can find a dual kit for it.

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

People saying Sundown over warhorse are just full of nonsense.

You guys really think a saz 3500 will put out 5000watts? ><

Because the warhorse will put out atleast 10kw of power.

To the OP, you need better electrical.

You switched from 14kw to 20kw atleast so you should upgrade.(although a warhorse is very effficient.)

Each one draws 900amps

Kicker makes good stuff but its not really worth it trying to get 10k out of a warhorse

How can you be so sure that they both draw 900 amps? :)

I think it's just user error, the amp has better technology then sundown.

Maybe he even hasn't turned up some knobs or didn't set the gain right or wired it wrong, we all don't know because he doesn't answers.

lol sorry about the delay in answers guys but i live in the virgin islands and yesterday was beach day after i posted the topic..i appreciate all the repsonses..like i said im positive that i have the amplifier wired correctly its sounds BEASTLY dont get me wrong my boy says it sounds louder muscially but the scores arent there!

2004 trailblazer

4 FI BTL 18s

(2) DC 10.0k

xs power d3100s

mechman 270

158.2 @41

Archived