DC Sound Lab

invert or no a level 6 18

imo inverted might have pros n cons just like regular mounting

like this setup, it gets loud and i love the look of the motors

just some questions about inverting

would it help better with cooling?

i guess it lest u have a smaller box also when ur cramped for space

and another wierd question, dont it give u more surface area to produce the pressure rather than what u get off the back of the cone as you would from front without the basket getting into the way?

i got my subs inverted and they sound better due to box not being of size, plus i like looking at sexy motors too

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

It will get louder mounted properly. But if you want to show it off invert it for sure.

no it won't. there is no difference between mounting a sub inverted vs. mounting it regular (assuming identical net box sizes.)

Oh ya thats right what do i know..... :nea:

Seeing how it will almost be impossible to test them equally.

If you invert, your net volume is bigger, we all know that.

But if you build the exact same box but same net as have the sub normal, the dimensions won't be the exact same. So therefore isn't a comparable test.

If you put something inside the box to take up space, that against is a variable that could change the outcome of the test.

Plus each sub, each box design, each setup could be different. And just because there isn't any differences in perfect conditions doesn't not many in a vehicle, with hundreds, maybe thousands of variables could have a effect on the outcome.

So what do you know? Please tell us.

It will get louder mounted properly. But if you want to show it off invert it for sure.

no it won't. there is no difference between mounting a sub inverted vs. mounting it regular (assuming identical net box sizes.)

But if you build the exact same box but same net as have the sub normal, the dimensions won't be the exact same. So therefore isn't a comparable test.

If you put something inside the box to take up space, that against is a variable that could change the outcome of the test.

Plus each sub, each box design, each setup could be different. And just because there isn't any differences in perfect conditions doesn't not many in a vehicle, with hundreds, maybe thousands of variables could have a effect on the outcome.

Pretty sure he owns one of the loudest vehicles in the world... Jus sayin.

--2004 Toyota 4runner

New Build Log

-2002 Acura Tl-S

Old Build Log

Team DC Audio

ttf.png

spl dust is an option you can get on the coils... it's great for extra 1000 watts of power

where can i get this spl dust and how much is it. is it hard to apply? lol

Owning the "one of the loudest vehicles" doesn't mean you know it all.

I gave reason behind my post, he didn't. So until he explains why he has his theory, there isn't nothing else to say.

Yea I'd like to see the reasoning behind his statement. I have inverted subs and never heard an audible difference from doing so.

Plus I can own a top fuel funny car, but not understand why it makes 8000 HP.

With that being said how can you say i am wrong? How can you say people who think it makes no difference are right or wrong? How can you say people who say its louder inverted are right?

It is to hard for you to test.

But come on guys i cant give away all my secrets ;) even though if you think about theory and practical examples it should be easy to understand how it impedes output. That is if you havent already tested this.

from my understanding, inverting takes away a slight bit of motor force, i could be wrong, but that what ive heard.

also, perfectlyinsane,

whoever the fuck you are, Clay is no one to question.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg