DC Sound Lab

invert or no a level 6 18

I'm with PurfectlyInsane on this one.

The only true way to test the theory that regular is louder than inverted is to build two boxes with the same net volume, with one inverted and one mounted normal. Plus, it has to be tested with multiple subs. The subs also have to be broken in so the T/S parameters are close to the same. They have to be powered the same, aligned the same, EVERY variable besides the driver mounting has to be held constant for this to be a valid test.

Not gonna lie, i do see ignorance on this site from time to time. Just saying...

how much u pay for the dc lvl six i might get two...

WHERE CAN I GET ONE PLEASE...

HOW MUCH DO THEY RUN? PLEASE

CAN I HAVE A SPECIFICATIONS LINK....PLEASE...TY

You need to talk to a dealer about pricing. Prices aren't allowed on the Internet. And again talk to a dealer for availability. NO NEED TO SHOUT! lol

i think he was just a little excited.. lol great reason for excitement though!! :good:

Lol yea I'd have to agree with the excitement, It's a bad ass sub. :drinks:

I can't give a defiant answer if there will be a difference in a install or not. That's my point.

And yeah, I look like a tool because I explain things for people who don't understand? Yeah. That's real annoying.

I always thought the people who posted bullshit and swore it was true was annoying. I guess this site has a different definition.

But as far as getting "respect" I'm not here to be liked or care if everybody likes me. I'm here to clear up bullshit this site seems to be full of. All because if you post anything of the truth, everybody gets "annoyed" and jumps down your throat.

I'm sure CJ18 will be glad to PM you prices on a Level 6, but I'm going to tell you they ARE NOT cheap.

you are here to clear up the bullshit this site is full of? that is a bold statement don't you think?

Yeah, I like a challenge.

I don't claim to know it all, or care to really. But I don't have to know it all to post FACTS.

But it seems now the people here don't care about knowing the truth or facts. I'm not exactly doing this for me. But for the people who don't know any better. They come here and get the wrong idea then inturn spread even more wrong info. Its just bad, and sorry for being one of the only one who cares.

I can't give a defiant answer if there will be a difference in a install or not. That's my point.

And yeah, I look like a tool because I explain things for people who don't understand? Yeah. That's real annoying.

I always thought the people who posted bullshit and swore it was true was annoying. I guess this site has a different definition.

But as far as getting "respect" I'm not here to be liked or care if everybody likes me. I'm here to clear up bullshit this site seems to be full of. All because if you post anything of the truth, everybody gets "annoyed" and jumps down your throat.

I'm sure CJ18 will be glad to PM you prices on a Level 6, but I'm going to tell you they ARE NOT cheap.

If that is the case what good are your posts? And how is it that what i have said is bs? Prove me wrong first, not just saying it is to dependent on variables, but actually proving me wrong. And saying it cant be tested, thats down right lazy! Everything can be tested. You seem to be insistent that i am filling people full of bs, yet you are self admittingly saying you have no idea......

As i have said it is easy to understand how my point of view = louder if you just take the time to think about it. Dont get worked up over a internet argument and think about it for a second.

If that is the case what good are your posts? And how is it that what i have said is bs? Prove me wrong first, not just saying it is to dependent on variables, but actually proving me wrong. And saying it cant be tested, thats down right lazy! Everything can be tested. You seem to be insistent that i am filling people full of bs, yet you are self admittingly saying you have no idea......

As i have said it is easy to understand how my point of view = louder if you just take the time to think about it. Dont get worked up over a internet argument and think about it for a second.

in your experience is it always louder, or is that just louder on the TL? For someone (like me) who has zero intentions of competing does it make a difference to the ear-o-meter?

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

I'm with PurfectlyInsane on this one.

The only true way to test the theory that regular is louder than inverted is to build two boxes with the same net volume, with one inverted and one mounted normal. Plus, it has to be tested with multiple subs. The subs also have to be broken in so the T/S parameters are close to the same. They have to be powered the same, aligned the same, EVERY variable besides the driver mounting has to be held constant for this to be a valid test.

Not gonna lie, i do see ignorance on this site from time to time. Just saying...

Thanks for support. Finally somebody who can see past the bullshit.

Just in a install, to many variables to give a real defiant answer. It could be either way, cause most would just switch the sub and the phase and test that way. Then call it a fact. Which it could be, but for THEIR install only.

Which is fine, as long as you don't claim the results for something its not.

I never said you was wrong or YOU was filling people with bullshit. Maybe you misread or misunderstood.

I didn't say it couldn't be tested, but I said its not as simple as switch out. To many variables to gwt accrute results.

And I admit, in theory, there shouldn't be any difference. If everything is the same.

Please reread my posts if your doubting what I said. Maybe this will clear things up.

I only meant for you to give a explanation on your answer. Not that you was wrong. Was that to much to ask for?

in your experience is it always louder, or is that just louder on the TL? For someone (like me) who has zero intentions of competing does it make a difference to the ear-o-meter?

Always louder every time. If it is louder on the meter it will be louder on the ear, because everything is the same. Its not like the difference between different frequencies where some sound louder because of the resonance but are not building the same pressures on the meter.