Sonic Electronix

Hi all, Ive scoped my system but when I take the sub level on the head unit up past where its scoped to it gets a Hell of a lot louder to the ear. I do not hear any distorting though.

Would this be seen on a TL?

I'm just not happy with how loud it is at the scoped level, but I don't want to break shit clipping it.

I have 2 dc lv5 18s off 4 sundown 1500ds.

Cheers guys.

Always.lol

I hard clip burps

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

Your not happy with 2 18's on 4 1500's? wow :ehh:

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

I'm just curious, when you scoped it what tones did you use and what were their amplitudes? If you used a 0dB tone, then that's probably why.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

The human ear distorts WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY before the signal does when it comes to loud. As for clipping and junk.... clipping gives more power. More clipping, more power.

That is some extremely false information right there.

If this were true, all 90+db systems would sound distorted...

yeah i scoped my hu at 32/35 but the headunit was clip free even at 35/35 so sometimes when i wanted a littl emore i put it up to 35 even tho my amp got oscoped at 32, sometimes soft clipping cant hurt much. i never smelled coil either :pardon:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i have nothing to base this off of, but I think it would be worse to clip the input signal than to clip the output signal of an amplifier. I am probably wrong though.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69