Sonic Electronix

every morning the car battery is dead and we like to believe its cause of the amp its a 800watt mono amp speakers are on a 2ohm load the remote wire is in a cigarette lighter spot and it has stock bose door speakers and a double din headunit it has to die overtime in the night when she goes to crank next morning it is dead . any clues fellas

4ga kicker kit

2 jl audio 3wv3 12"

california technology 800watt mono amp

and double din headunit.

The cells in the battery may be messed up. I'm having the same problem with my Dakota, it won't hold a charge and I have to jump it every morning.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

cigarette lighters are only powered when they key is in the ignition, so that should be fine, I don't know what else it would be.

i bet with the remote wire he said he had on the cigarette lighter it is a constant so what it is doing is keeping the amp on and draining the batter rather the cutting the amp off so that it does not drain

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

I had a 1200w amp with the remote wire running to a cigarette lighter, and it wasn't constant power. May be different for each vehicle.

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

ok the remote wire has a bare spot in it

and the lights are not on when they key is turned off on the amp but could it be such a small draw that its not turning the lights on

and one more thing the battery is new and been replaced 2 times.

every MBZ i've ever seen has a constant lighter (new ones have both)...you need to go to the pink/green accessory wire at the key

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it