Wiring 2 Component Sets w/ Crossovers on One Channel

make sure you don't share a single XO for the pair...crossovers change XO point based on impedance. Use both XO's and run them either series or parallel. I'd recommend parallel, personally, since SQ isn't your ultimate goal. That extra 2 or 3dB will matter to you

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

wire em pos to pos n neg to neg n see if final rise is 2ohm or so

if both sets get u a 5ohm load maby 2 in parallel will give u 2.5ohm load?

dont hook it up to amp like this till u figure out the final ohm load and if its around 2ohms u should be good

ive seen people run a/b amps at lower ohm loads and been fine with it, even most ma audio amps are able to run down to .5ohms stereo

if ur running a 4ch ied just run 1 set off one channel n 1 set off the other, unless your gunna use other channels for more speakers

Im switching components, so i'll have to recheck everything again. The amp is a DC 175.4, front channels for components, rear channels for midbass 8's.

make sure you don't share a single XO for the pair...crossovers change XO point based on impedance. Use both XO's and run them either series or parallel. I'd recommend parallel, personally, since SQ isn't your ultimate goal. That extra 2 or 3dB will matter to you

No doubt, using both x-overs. Switching to RF T1652's, so i'll wire 'em up when I get them, parallel and series, to check final impedence.

why not just run it all active and use the filters on the amp? that way you can split the frequencies make one channel for the tweets and the others for the mids

That would be ideal, but i'm using the rear channels for my midbass. I am out of room for amps, hardly got space for the 2 i've got. So 2 comps per front channel(getting 2-3 ohms ideally) and an 8" per rear channel at 2 ohms.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread