Mechman Alternators

Failing alternator.

IDK we will see man.

Sorry for not returning your voicemail, this is our busiest time of year, and are still shorthanded despite hiring two more people. We place priority on answering e-mails first, It's always best to just contact us via e-mail as stated in the sticky at the top of the section.

Regarding your problem- just send us your unit. If a component has failed again, we will cover the cost to repair, free of charge. If not, we do have some new 270 amp units available for your vehicle, I'm sure we could work out an upgrade for a small up charge.

MechMan

2849 John Deere Dr STE 201

Knoxville TN 37917

regards,

Matthew

thats some customer service :good:

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Just to put my experience in here.

I have ran two mechman alts in 2 vehicles. I had a 250 mechman alt in my 98 oldsmobile 88 and the alt died the second day. I noticed that the alt when i installed it got really warm even without any loads but the stock 50 amps of current to power the car when it was on. I also noticed that when i installed it and turned the engine on it was loud as hell, so loud i could hear it grinding over my stereo system being cranked to the max! So i sent it to matt after me and him talked for a bit and checked everything over. I tried a new belt and new power and ground wires with no difference in sound and performance. When i sent it to Matt he said he pulled it down to the bare case and couldnt find the problem. He and i both believe that it was damaged in shipping because alts dont weigh a ton and its in a small box that is easy to play football with. lol. So matt offered to either re-man this unit with a new case since he believed that to be the problem since by having him change the rotor, stator, bearings, windings, rectifiers, diodes, and everything it still malfunctioned. But i told Matt to hold off on it for now since i wanted to sell my car and get a truck so he did just that. After i bought my current truck (04 GMC Envoy) i hit matt up again to get a custom alt for this truck and since i had a problem with my old alt for the car he said to pay him something like 50-80 bucks to get a upgraded unit and to have it shipped to my house. So i went from a 250 amp alt to a 270 amp alt. Since we thought it was dropped/shocked from the shipping process i asked that Matt would pack it in a little bigger box and stuff the hell out of it with packing foam and just as i requested he did. I go the alt in the mail 5 days later and put it in a month later (wanted to wait for better weather) and it worked like a charm. I have never had any issues with this alternator. I beat the living hell out of it by drawing near its max load with my old system and it didnt get warm at all or make the voltage fail.

I only had one problem with my electrical system on my truck where out of nowhere the voltage and idle speed would drastically drop and i didnt have a system in at the time so i didnt know what was going on. I asked matt for help on it and we came to the conclusion it is probably belt slip since i had a little trace of black dust on the alt near the pulley. So i swapped the belt and it worked but out of nowhere it started to act up again but this time i got a check engine light to come on. I took it to my service shop and they fixed a ton of things in my engine and it never acted up again. This was NEVER a problem with matts alt, just saying that this is the only problem i had with my new alt i got from him.

From my personal experience i really do like Matts customer service and his products. He may not be the guy to get online and reply to your posts in like a hour but he still will make time to do so and will give you all the information you need to get the job done. Plus he stands behind his products from the issue i experienced with my first alternator i got from him so that is a really big plus.

Would i buy from Matt again? Hell yes!!

Would i recommend anybody to buy from Mechman? Yes

Will his units fail? It is a possibility. Remember though that there is no way you can guarantee your products you make to always be 100% functional when you get them. There are so many factors that come into play from the time matt starts to build the alt to the time its on your door step. So just because you had a problem with his products doesnt mean you should stop buying from him.

Sorry for the long ass post but thought i would say how my service went with Matt.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

• 5 weeks later...

I have deffinately considered a Mechman alternator. I just really want some explaination as to what the difference would be or what the advantage would be over the other choice I've looked at which is the DC 270SP.

Oh god don't get in a DC vs Mechman pissing battle. Both are quality brands, both won't leave you high and dry if you have a problem. Talk to both, see who can give you a better deal/warranty, and overall who's customer service you're happier with, and go from there. Also it matters if they make an alternator for your car in the first place (which made my decision easier) :pardon:

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?