Computer people: Need some advice.

wow going from a mac to a netbook, thats a huge leap to take from a apple to a tiny computer like that. i can never use a netbook even if i got one for free. But enough post dumping on my part.

2004 GMC Envoy1 XS power S3400 batt under the hood and 4 XS Power D3100's battery installed in the rear by the amps0 gauge power wire from front to backAlpine iva-w205 touchscreen dvd/cd/mp3/ipod/am/fm/gps headunitSundown Audio SAX-200.4 amp for my mids and highs8 gauge speaker wire from amp to woofer270 amp Mechman AltRockford Fosgate T1652-s component speakersRockford Fosgate 3Sixty.2 sound processorRca's from Rockford Fosgate and Monster Cable14 gauge speaker wire for the mids and highs1 18" Ascendant Audio SMD Dual 1 ohm with custom Black & Blue carbon fiber and hand signed dustcapBox: 5.66 cubic feet net volume box tuned to 30.13Hz with 1.5" wide wooden dowels and 1.5" thick baffle1 DC Audio 5.0k amp wired to .5 ohms nominal with an imp rise of 1.35 ohms for the single AA SMD 18"Future Vision 8000k 50w bi-xenon projector HID's with 4300k 35w fog lightsLink to my build: Buildupdates/progress

I use ESET....

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Much less susceptible... And are shiny

i chuckled. lol shiny.

there's been viruses for them, it's just that PC is more common, so of course people who are out to get useful information are going to go for the majority. i wouldn't spend my time making a virus to hack 10 computers in hopes of getting something if i could spend the same amount of time and hack 10,000 computers.

Personally I use Malware Bytes and M$ Security Essentials on Clients Computers and at the college we use Malware bytes and M$ Forefront for all of the college machines.

As far as the topic on Macs go, their laptops are amazing and I personally prefer the MBP line vs a windows based laptop. As far as a desktop goes I will ALWAYS run Windows on a custom build… just my opinions.

98d60dea.png

01 GMC Sonoma 4x4

RF T1500.1bd

DC LVL 4 12"

Much less susceptible... And are shiny

i chuckled. lol shiny.

there's been viruses for them, it's just that PC is more common, so of course people who are out to get useful information are going to go for the majority. i wouldn't spend my time making a virus to hack 10 computers in hopes of getting something if i could spend the same amount of time and hack 10,000 computers.

I know and understand that, but all of that makes them less susceptible. Also it is much harder to get a virus on Mac even with the few out there. You have almost install them yourself. And if you allow that to happen well than that's your own damn fault.

you win some, you lose some

haha yea i hear ya on that one nate. Im just saying what i have used. so far i have used trend micro titanium maximum security (back then it was trend micro internet security pro), avg, microsoft security essentials (both versions), McAfee, Norton Antivirus with goback, Norton internet security, Kapersky (sp?), and some other program i cant remember because it was so long ago. And of them all i would rate them as follows for protection with 1 being the best and 8 being the worst.

1.) Trend Micro Titanium Maximum Security

2.) AVG

3.) Microsoft Security Essentials

4.) McAfee

5.) Kapersky

6.) Norton Internet Security

7.) Norton Antivirus with goback

8.) that other program i dont remember. lol

Of all them i had trend micro catch everything automatically and delete it right off the bat and it doesnt go ape shit with blocking stupid things like some other programs will. I had several problems with AVG, Microsoft Security Essentials, and McAfee where it would let malware and trojans in the computer like theres no tomorrow. Even on my dads computer where he wouldn't do anything but go online and check his work email he still got them all the time. They were easy for me to remove manually from the registry but still a pain and a waste of time to have to do that. Norton was somewhat alright but it had issues with running the scans, hogging the resources on the pc up big time, updating itself, and protecting you. Also go back is by far the worst thing i ever had. Whenever the computer crashed go back tried to fix it for you and made it 1000000 times worse.

But hey its up to you, im just telling you what i run and what i prefer of all the ones on the market.

IMO I hate Mcafee, I have it on my computer, all it gives me are update restart requests, although i do compliment their internet security. It allows me to see trusted and not trusted sites before i enter them (google searches). On the other hand, I have had Norton anti virus etc, I hate the d*nm thing, internet and file security sucks IMO. Kaspersky is my favorite, and can remove just about any virus including tough trojan and infectious virus's and worms. I haven't for some reason ever used your top three, sounds like I should try them out.

On another note, I saw that you said you kinda cheap with this stuff (more money for the bass!) I have pretty good knowledge of this kinda computer stuff, and have put together and did extentise repairs on many systems, I would suggest buying more compatible ram for your system which should make your computer feel much less bogged down, and should run faster without breaking the bank, my guess is less the $50 would need to be spent.

Good Lord, I need to take a computer class this semester. :noob: This stuff is doing a fly-by.

I saw that you said you kinda cheap with this stuff (more money for the bass! )

I wish.

Edit: I also mentioned tht my wife's laptop has been running extremely slow lately, freezing up, getting the message (Not Responding) at the top of the window (usually when on the internet), and is running VERY hot. I bought a fan that plugs into a USB port and it has helped with the heat problem, but I don't know what to about the problems with it running so slow. I don't want to start going in and removing programs and such and end up deleting something that is needed.

if your computer runs slow from antivirus then its time for an upgrade tbh, Even the noghog "norton" uses very little resources since last year

And Nod32 is aweosme, anything trend micro is awesome :)

My current 95 Jetta Build w/

pioneer h/u

2 RD Sonance 10's with flatwind coils

2 Audiopipe apsm 1500.1s

1 Hifonics Brutus Elite 60x4

1 XS d925

1 Stinger spv35

1 1000 amp lead acid

50 ft of 0/1 ofc from Audiotechnix

all powerbass components, and coaxils, 4 sets

buildlog = http://www.stevemead...2-rd-10s-build/

My build for my wife. http://www.stevemead...01-f-150-build/