IH8PunkRok's 4th order experiment

but what about output above 40 hz? Itll be interesting to say the least.

it models up to have +11db amplitude at 52hz. >.> just stay tuned my friends.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

nice box, too bad it didnt work. and dude it should be around 5 cubes ported side for that 15 or put two in that box.

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

nice box, too bad it didnt work. and dude it should be around 5 cubes ported side for that 15 or put two in that box.

it will lose all of its high end if i did that. the bandwidth would rise but the peak of the enclosure drops by about 5dB.

just modeled it up and it has virtually no lows if i did that, not all 15"s are the same my friend. it reached the 0db mark at a about 35hz, rather than 24hz with the 10ft, but i will be doing re-design now that im considering a new design.

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

At first i was like, no wonder it sounds like ass, he ported the rear chamber into the sealed chamber :lol:

And, I can almost GUARANTEE dude smokes that level 3 in 20 minutes lol

thought same things

he made port go into sealed area and out which is rather smart actually to get the length

as for output did you invert the polarity of the subs??

as for the 5 cubes yeah unless you've got like 100 rms going to it

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

thought same things

he made port go into sealed area and out which is rather smart actually to get the length

you see that is what i thought. it got me another 3 inches of length

i didnt invert the polarity of the subs. i wasnt aware there was a need? take away the sealed cahmber and it looks exactly like a standard ported box

this particular box has a fairly small bandwidth.. nails everything in the 40's but drops off hardcore about 37 and 52

shitty designing i guess on my part. i cant find a good calc for these things so i just winged it

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

thought same things

i didnt invert the polarity of the subs. i wasnt aware there was a need? take away the sealed cahmber and it looks exactly like a standard ported box

this particular box has a fairly small bandwidth.. nails everything in the 40's but drops off hardcore about 37 and 52

shitty designing i guess on my part. i cant find a good calc for these things so i just winged it

Have you tried adding polyfill to the seal chamber to see if it helps at all?

I think you guys are WAY overthinking 4th orders...build an appropriate sealed side for the response and power you want, then add a front chamber to get the ratio you desire, then make a port very very large, and shrink and build in until you get desired response....You dont even need a TL just try building the port deeper, and if it still is to peaky lower the port area until you get a better bandwith.

Only so much calculating can compensate for. Your ear knows what you want to hear :drink40:

DCAUDIO

BALLS DEEP

thought same things

its just like inverting every other sub you want to reverse the wiring

and your sealed box's could use some more room (what size are subs)

I think you guys are WAY overthinking 4th orders...build an appropriate sealed side for the response and power you want, then add a front chamber to get the ratio you desire, then make a port very very large, and shrink and build in until you get desired response....You dont even need a TL just try building the port deeper, and if it still is to peaky lower the port area until you get a better bandwith.

Only so much calculating can compensate for. Your ear knows what you want to hear :drink40:

Mr P has a good point thats how i learnt bout bandpas's and how i built my wall alot of trial and error

i started with 1.6 cubes and ended up shrinking till i was roughly 1.3-1.4 cubes sealed with a 3-1 ratio, built port in middle of box and added from there and it turned out great

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

i might try a little something tomorrow with this box. close off the port and try a new one

and no i havent tried adding polyfill. i dont have it around so it never crossed my mind

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Got any old pillows laying around? Wouldn't pillow stuffing have the same consistency as polyfill?

comic on tv: I got a concussion from playing t-ball when i was younger, we dont really have time to go into that!

15 seconds pass

my girl: no one pitches to you in t-ball, do they???

Archived