Sonic Electronix

The issue here is not whether will all amps handle below their recommended stability, but when and where.

Ignorance is actually saying yes to a question that requires so much more information before an educated guess can be made, lol. I'm vaguely remembering someone claiming hitting a 144 something with a 6.5" in an enclosure at 51hz...although the picture provided in the thread showed a 6.5" mounted with an 18" sub...lol...I knew I should have just ignored then.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

irrelevant of whether the OP gets it or not, the answer isn't no.

but as I already said:

"of course, you need to have subs that can be wired at 0.5ohms, if you're currently wired at 1ohm, then there will be no way to wire at 0.5 with those subs. "

Think of it this way, if you have a young child and they ask you how someone (who brutally killed themself) died. Would you tell them the real answer? No you wouldn't because its something either they wouldn't understand, or its something that could get a drastic response out of them.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

I'm vaguely remembering someone claiming hitting a 144 something with a 6.5" in an enclosure at 51hz...although the picture provided in the thread showed a 6.5" mounted with an 18" sub...lol...I knew I should have just ignored then.

if you're talking about my 6.5inch that did 133.8dB, clearly you're lacking comprehension and reading abilities as I first suspected.

please go back and reread that thread.

In a strict SPL setup where 1 frequency only is played at a time, this is done all the time.

However, on musical setups, where you play actually music with varying frequencies, impedance rise can vary greatly. It changes at each frequency and with different power levels and temperatures. So it is possible to have a 0.5 ohm nominal load at rest, and goes up to 1 ohm at one particular frequency when testing. But then you play music for a few minutes and POOF! Smoke from the amp because rise was only to .6 ohms at a frequency being played on the new song you just downloaded.

Ed Lester

ShowtimeSPL Host

Showtime Electronics Video Marketing

My old Build Log
http://www.stevemead...08/#entry511451

http://www.youtube.com/showtimespl

TeamDeadlyHertz-HHREd.png

5 time dB Drag Finalist
Last ride 2007 HHR, current dB 153.5 and bass race 149.4 dB. 153.0 dB on music

New Ride, 2008 HHR SS. Build under way.
Loudest score ever = 171dB
2009 dB Drag Racing, North American Points Champion

doesnt matter if the answer isnt no. when someone asks (especially a new member) if they can do something that is extremely sketchy, such as box rise, then you either ignore it or tell them to not do it. we dont want someone to end up trying it and then they come back a week later saying their shit is blown and then it all points to you.

and yet, no one is this thread has actually told them to do it <_<

irrelevant of whether the OP gets it or not, the answer isn't no.

but as I already said:

"of course, you need to have subs that can be wired at 0.5ohms, if you're currently wired at 1ohm, then there will be no way to wire at 0.5 with those subs. "

doesnt matter if the answer isnt no. when someone asks (especially a new member) if they can do something that is extremely sketchy, such as box rise, then you either ignore it or tell them to not do it. we dont want someone to end up trying it and then they come back a week later saying their shit is blown and then it all points to you.

This is where simple and naive comes to play. No applies as much as yes. According to "theydontwantmusic" all amps will be ok run at .5 ohm. If he believes this wholeheartedly I am seriously done in this thread. Some people just can't be helped, lol.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

and yet, you're the only one that suggested for him to do it. and Ed chimed in, so now would you kindly shut the fuck up?

He asked if its possible, your saying yes. Now heres a hammer, a nail, and there's his coffin. Enjoy...

thats because it is quite possible. :werd_msword:

but I still didn't say he should do it.

:noob:

and yet, you're the only one that suggested for him to do it. and Ed chimed in, so now would you kindly shut the fuck up?

I didn't suggest for him to do it? are we even reading the same thread?

Archived