Police + Tinting?

Coleslaw

I live in CO so you can have 27% all around and 70% on the windshield or as dark as you want in the back and 70% on the front sides. I want to do 20% all around but I don't want to have to deal with getting pulled over all the time. Do you think I would get bothered much with 20% or should I just go with 30% so I don't have to worry about it? How dark is 30%? Anyone have pics of their cars with 30%?

do you fit any profile for causing trouble? im old they dont bother me much.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

honeslty ive never seen a cop pull someone over JUST for tints. my friend got a tint ticket, but thats cause he was drivin like an idiot lol. so if you drive normal, they wont bother you. atleast thats how it is by me

2000 tahoe

orion hcca 15.4

kicker zx2500

2 JL 300/4s

infinity and kicker mids/highs

KHC1400 in back, stock upfront

dont ask about my HU

clarion EQ

kicker/fosgate rcas

I've seen many cops in many states pull over strictly because of the tints. Especially once its at the end of the cycle, have to make that quota.

It's your choice, because frankly, how are any of us going to be able to advise you of how local police will act in your area? I'm sure every PD is different, and every officer is also going to be different.

I have 5% all around on my SRT...I am stopped constantly and just pay my tickets. Every other vehicle I drive follows the law and I still get pulled over. It's what you're willing to deal with. And trust me...it can be a lot.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

honeslty ive never seen a cop pull someone over JUST for tints. my friend got a tint ticket, but thats cause he was drivin like an idiot lol. so if you drive normal, they wont bother you. atleast thats how it is by me

That's how it should be at least...Here in Beaverton there is so little crime that all the local police do is pull people over for the dumbest little laws. Like not turning off your fog lights if there is oncoming traffic just like the law for high beams basically (Which no one does at all in every place in the states I've lived, and they shouldn't have to they're hardly distracting)

When I got pulled over for my tint I was driving to the grocery store with my mother, driving normally. Stock car, no mods whatsoever except I had 20% window tint. I was at a red light and a cop turned his lights on and I was looking around for who he was trying to pull over. I was floored when I realized was me. Guy was a total prick, started telling me off about his safety is compromised by my window tint and blah shit blah.

Hands me a $389 fix it ticket.

Bunch of :bull: if you ask me :shrug:

I've been pulled over probably 15+ times in 10 years, and never had an issue with my tint. I have limo all the way around, nothing on the windshield. It is against the law in MI, but I have never had a single issue.

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

I think the law is stupid as well, and have tried to get it changed in my area...no luck as of yet. I can understand safety being an issue BUT! If this is truly a huge safety threat, then isn't pulling someone over strictly further tint like walking up to a lion and slapping it?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Archived