Second Skin Audio

got an idea

let me know what you think

trying to decide on selling my shocker motors to pick up a 9518z and do a rear loaded horn with it

fits easily in my car (don't let pics fool you that port is over 60'' long)

2 sand loaded false walls as well to help dampen the enclosure

horn1.png

horn2.png

and yes I'm serious about the pink cone as well

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Looks good, but how will it sound? Also, I could use your help with an enclosure in the future, if you're up for it.

1999 GMC Suburban SLT
No system planned just yet.

Look at "hate" spelled backwards. It spells "e-tah." For example, if you hate me you can e-tah dick.

I can asure you he doesn´t need any help, guy knows his thing!!!

Pink cone looks good man, i like that box!!

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

doesnt the mouth need to be bigger to be able to have a good low end? i know in a car it can be smaller but that still looks too small, but then again all ive done is read stuff on it and have no hands on experience with horns

fantastic rendering on that 95z

no idea on the box but that sub rendering made me say wow.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

its an interesting idea. pack the sand down as best you can. the vibrations will make it settle and give it room to shake. not sure that you would be able to hear that though. give it a shot. always more fun to try something new.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

it's not a true horn, it's just a smaller take. not as much gain but will fit my car. unlike a full size horn which would take my entire garage.

yeah I planed on packing the sand extremely tight. I figured it would be a nice way to see if it helps or not. I already have a scaled down version of this box in my car for 2 10's and even with leaking (broken fold inside box) it's still very loud for 2 10's on 1500rms.

also thanks on the compliments, the model makes it seam much smaller than it is, the chamber is 4.5ft and the port has a 4:1 expansion

here are some shot s of subs I've done. I used the basket from some one else because it was already done but had to do motors myself

9518z

dd9518z1.png

dd9518z2.png

shocker sig 12

sig121.png

sig122.png

Edited by wenn_du_weinst

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

i know how hard it is to make subs in cad programs. they can be very intricate. great work

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build