Sonic Electronix

There is a post on craigslist in my area regarding 2 old orion XTR 12s in what looks like a sealed box. Should I jump on this?

BOTH SPEAKERS ARE STILL WORKING CONDITION JUST TRYING TO CLEAN OUT MY GARAGE.. ASKING $25

http://img860.imageshack.us/i/3n23p73oa5y65z65s5b4e72.jpg/

KEY WORDS: JL audio, 12", 10", Speaker Box, Sub, Sub Woofer, Car audio

Do you know where I can find the specs by any chance? A google search lead me to an expired webpage..

For $25 Not Bad ... Wat the Specks?

I would like to know too

• 1 year later...

I remember these were 250 watts rms each because I so wanted to get them when Orion had them on the shelves back in the late 90's [1995-1999] but not sure which one of those years to be exact. The HCCA was above that series and the INTENSE series was top of the line in Orion. I cant remember if they had the XTR PRO series back then.

In those days everyone who ran Orion subs were running the COBALT for the die hard rock music types and the INTENSE who were the guys into the rap and hip hop music back then. In all honesty not many people ran those subs back then because they preferred running the SOUNDSTREAM subwoofers, KICKER subwoofers or the famous JL Audio subwoofers.

As for the answer to your question if it was me $25 is not a bad deal for that and I would just give it a try and you would never know you might like them. You will only know if you try them and worst case scenario you could either sell them or use the box as work bench or even give them to someone for free. In the end if you do not like them you out of $25.

Hoped this helped.

As for their new subwoofers that Orion created after they were bought out I tried them and did not like them at all. I tried their HP and their XTR PRO to.

Take care.

I remember these having a 800 RMS thermal rating on them and they came with a warranty that included burnt coils. They did away with that in the late 90s and then Orion got sold to DEI. DEI let them go to Maxxonics I think, maybe they got traded inbetween, I lost track.

They'll never be the same Orion, tho.

2007 Pacifica
Rebuild. Less quiet. Still not loud.

Archived