DC Sound Lab

get the knot out of your panties. I guess I shouldnt expect more from a teenager with a pipe dream. For what its worth you dont have the electrical to run that amp at .5. nor will you if your dream comes to fruition. but of course you wouldnt know that because its the cool thing now to run amps at .5

I didnt know I was a teenager, are you not literate or just dont know how to count? Thanks for your input though. I can see you being one of the mid 40 year old guys going through a mid life crisis, not knowing how or when to give up a hobby. Get over yourself.

hrm... get over yourself.... listen here dickweed n8 is very intelligent and if he has taken the time to answer you, you should sit back and take notes. does he come off as an ass ya, does it matter no. If you were literate you would realize he is actually giving you good advice just not lubing it up

Right...

I can atleast say this, by coming here and asking that question, then trying to act like a know-it-all is failing dude...

you asked, but you say you know the answer... you say you are smarter than what people are making you out to be, but you are asking a pretty basic question, if YOU feel YOUR electrical can handle .5... do it.... if it doesnt, you will probably blow some shit up and be back here bitching.

Just saying, dont try to be all tough and acting like a dick head to people who are trying to explain stuff to you, even if its in a asshole way...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Guest grim83

I can atleast say this, by coming here and asking that question, then trying to act like a know-it-all is failing dude...

you asked, but you say you know the answer... you say you are smarter than what people are making you out to be, but you are asking a pretty basic question, if YOU feel YOUR electrical can handle .5... do it.... if it doesnt, you will probably blow some shit up and be back here bitching.

Just saying, dont try to be all tough and acting like a dick head to people who are trying to explain stuff to you, even if its in a asshole way...

:werd_msword:

Don't know how similar the two amps are but i been running my sundown saz 3500 at .5 off stock alt, stock batt and 2 kinetik 2400s in the back for close to a year and I can't even seem to get it warm. Voltage doesn't go below mid 13s. If you know how to set your gains and watch voltage im sure you'll be fine. I wouldn't say the same for more of a mainstream brand

Edited by tlee2

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

This kid is a retard wow dude why dont you get over your self and quit acting like youknow it all and yes n8 is rough at times but he does know what he is talking about :orly3:

Edited by Rydaz1Bass

VehicleCurrentlyOwned:2000Malibu

\/MySystem\/

Ken-Wood HeadUnit

Cars interior panels Custom blue Done by ME

Pheonix Power block running both amps

Stinger pro series four gauge wire flex material

RimsBrand:Polo

Interior lighting Blue neon bars under and around dash

Capaciter:Pyle Dryver 1.7 farad digital meter read off new(INSTALLED)

http://blog.sounddomain.com/photos/orion/april_21_07_004_2.jpg

http://www.dcsoundlab.com/images/header.jpg

Don't know how similar the two amps are but i been running my sundown saz 3500 at .5 off stock alt, stock batt and 2 kinetiks in the back for close to a year and I can't even seem to get it warm. Voltage doesn't go below mid 13s. If you know how to set your gains and watch voltage im sure you'll be fine. I wouldn't say the same for more of a mainstream brand

This right here, highlights the problem with some of the people on this forum and all over the sound community. They don't watch voltage, and they just crank their amps up til it sounds "good" and let it go. Meanwhile, their alt and batt are suffering horrible and painful deaths, at the same time as possibly frying the amp....

I have learned, a "few" people on this forum know what they are talking about, and when they speak, I listen. Sure, sometimes they come across a little arrogant or assholish, but, when you have been in the game for so long, you expect people to already know what you know sometimes. Sometimes people forget that people are still learning. But still, I listen. If you choose not to listen when people give good advice, then you, my friend, are in the wrong place!

BassinBlazer

JL[RF][Kenwood][AQ]

I need a new amp! Sell me your amp!

Don't know how similar the two amps are but i been running my sundown saz 3500 at .5 off stock alt, stock batt and 2 kinetiks in the back for close to a year and I can't even seem to get it warm. Voltage doesn't go below mid 13s. If you know how to set your gains and watch voltage im sure you'll be fine. I wouldn't say the same for more of a mainstream brand

This right here, highlights the problem with some of the people on this forum and all over the sound community. They don't watch voltage, and they just crank their amps up til it sounds "good" and let it go. Meanwhile, their alt and batt are suffering horrible and painful deaths, at the same time as possibly frying the amp....

I have learned, a "few" people on this forum know what they are talking about, and when they speak, I listen. Sure, sometimes they come across a little arrogant or assholish, but, when you have been in the game for so long, you expect people to already know what you know sometimes. Sometimes people forget that people are still learning. But still, I listen. If you choose not to listen when people give good advice, then you, my friend, are in the wrong place!

and that is why when you get over 1500w~ in power you should really invest the 5 bucks for a voltage reader, for the car, like how beatbox did for his integra.. or mine down in my cup holder.. so you can constantly monitor your voltage

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Look the answer to your initial question is if you're running 2 3100s and some other battery and a 200A alternator you will most likely have the electrical to run that amp at 0.5, and yes there will be drop but refer to my previous posts about voltage drop not killing amps. But the question is why would you want to? There are people out there, such as Ray, that run amps at initial impedeances of 0.17, however they measure their impedance rise at nearly every frequency. This results in them being over 1ohm final most of the time they are playing. It's safer to keep an amp at 1ohm initial and just let it stay there and let rise happen and KNOW you are safe. Running amps lower than rated is done for specific purposes and done safely after a lot of testing...you don't have the tools, knowledge, or need to do any of that.

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Bassin blazer? Why woul you recommend and 18 volt setup?

Dumbest suggestion made today award.

If he doesnt know if he can run .5 ohms why the hell should he run an 18 volt system?

Haha.. well with all the uncertainty I suppose Ill just scratch the idea and run at 1 ohm.. I know the amp can definanetly handle it (0.5), and I feel my electrical could as well... But Ill just either re-cone or sell it and buy 2 new ones with the correct coils.

thess amps can be ran all day on .3 ohm.. SOMEONE told me this on the phone.. and after rise who cares.. i seen a guy run a pair of ap1800s strapped at .5ohm ya thats .25 on each amp b4 rise.. and he had 2 subs and rising to 2ohm... he dont hav any problems.. and ap are the best amps.. like dc

Edited by dc=realbass