DC Sound Lab

achieving deeper bass.

I have two LVL4 15's with LVL5 soft parts the subs are D.7's in a forward firing box ported thru my rear deck subs are on a crescendo 3kwp box is tuned to 32 htz, i'm thinking of upgrading to XL's but i just reconed these subs about 8 months ago and really like the way they sound.

When i put the box in i sealed it off the cabin from the trunk but still have some leeks, my question is if i go ahead and put a beauty panel in and completely seal of the subs from the trunk would i get much of a gain? Also my back seat is still in and up which is why i never bothered with a beauty panel in the first place no one is going to see it anyway, this is my daily driver and i'm not going for numbers just want the most out of what i have and before i upgrade was wondering if i should try this? I read some threads in the past that were discussing this same thing and just wanted some other input before i rip my box out and start over.

Before i did the recone i had these in the trunk of my previous car ports and subs up and although not as loud or as clean or on as much power they seem to get lower, so with the upgrade and the subs and ports being in the car i just expected a little more, all thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters

First thing to do would be to finish sealing off the box from the trunk so you have no air loss backwards. Secondly, if you want to upgrade to XLs then I would say you need to upgraded your power as well or the difference wont be very noticeable. Either buy a second cresendo 3k or sell the 3k and upgrade to a DC 5k or 2 3.5ks.

just watch dr subwoofer. for deeper more penetrating bass..

seriously stick with the level 4s tune lower and seal it off..

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Thanks for the response guys, got the day off and already started to try and seal everything off, hopefully this will make a difference.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Agreed, Dr Subwoofer knows about the deep penetrating bass. You do already have 15s so they excurt more than any other subs.

But on a serious note. Get everything sealed off and the XLs wont be worth the money you spend over your Level 4 w/5 coils without upgrading your power as well. If you want prices on XLs and DC amps just shoot me a PM and ill be glad to help.

Agreed, Dr Subwoofer knows about the deep penetrating bass. You do already have 15s so they excurt more than any other subs.

But on a serious note. Get everything sealed off and the XLs wont be worth the money you spend over your Level 4 w/5 coils without upgrading your power as well. If you want prices on XLs and DC amps just shoot me a PM and ill be glad to help.

thanks again.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

Lol at dr. Subwoofer

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe