Sonic Electronix

A weak connection causes the flow of electrons to jump(arc) across the metal, giving it a delay in connection, thus you see a dimming.

Not really.. The electrons just don't complete the circle, you lose a few(thru heat).

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

So I grounded it o the frame this morning. Found a bolt that was holding a brake line(?) in place. I sanded it down and added my ground. Got out and checked for dimming lights, and still got them. BUT, at least, I know that ground is right now! So, today I'm gonna try and borrow a friends voltmeter or just go buy a cheap one and see what's up! I figure I just need another battery or two!

8903c4a6.jpg

unless you've checked with a meter you don't really know. you should have less than 200 milliohms resistance between the amplifier ground (at the amp) and the ground at the battery.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

Dammit! Now I got alternator whine. Guess that ground wasn't so good! I think I'm just gonna run a ground wire all the way from the battery!

Float mounted IPad Mini playing through Bluetooth

IStreamer for Iphone or Ipad

Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty.3

RE Audio XXX 6.5's in each door with a second set soon to be added to the front doors

Two Rockford T600-4's for the components

Blowthrough with two Sundown SA-8's

RF T1500-bd's for the subs

8000k H.I.D.'s in headlights and fogs

Lifted 2" in front and 2" in back (soon to be installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" body lift)

17" Ultra Rogue 175's on Nitto Trail Grappler 285/17 70's

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

Five Hella Lights on front bumper

270A Mechman Alternator

Two Optima Yellow Top batteries

Dynamat double layered each door and roof, quadruple layered on back wall, single layered on floor with Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro on top.

Or I'm gonna ground to the body later this afternoon!

RE Audio XXX 6.5's in each door with a second set soon to be added to the front doors

Lifted 2" in front and 2" in back (soon to be installed a Suspension Maxx 1.5" body lift)

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

270A Mechman Alternator

Dynamat double layered each door and roof, quadruple layered on back wall, single layered on floor with Second Skin Luxury Liner Pro on top.

Tomatotat you mind me asking what type of RF 4" speakers you have in your A-pillars? I was thinking of glassing some 4" speakers in my a pillars to. Sorry for the mild thread jack...

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

Tomatotat you mind me asking what type of RF 4" speakers you have in your A-pillars? I was thinking of glassing some 4" speakers in my a pillars to. Sorry for the mild thread jack...

No problem man. They are the RF t142's. Heres the link...

Rockford Power series 4" coaxials

I love them. Very Loud and Very Clear!

Undercover Bedcover

Surco Roof Rack

270A Mechman Alternator

I have a grounding issue becausey lights are still dimming and I've always suspected my amp ground was the culprit. The local guys told me the seat bolt or seatbelt bolt, so that's what I did but I've never felt comfortable with it. Anyway, I'm gonna redo it tomorrow. Should I ground it to the frame or just make a new hole in the body, sand it down, and use a bigger bolt?

seat belt bolts arnt good grounds because the bolts have alot of mixed metals that create more resistance. you would be better off grounding straight to the battery neg or sanding down and grounding to your frame

The IrishmanDCSig.jpgCheck out my build hereXL 4th order wall build logIn Progress:alpine cda HU4th order Bandpass2xl 15's1- ab 400.1 (gonna be two hopefully)4- Crescendo 8's2- xts crecendo supertweeters

2 sq super tweetsMb quart 4.125Mechman 270a alt1- xs D27003- xs XP3000

4- odessey pc1700seller feed back threadhttp://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/136418-d-train-13k/