Sonic Electronix

I've asked this question before and never got a clear enough answer. If i wire my rockford T1652 components normal, positive and negative, what would the ohm load be, 2 or 4?

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

1.4 Cubic Foot Enclosure Tuned to 34 hz

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

I've asked this question before and never got a clear enough answer. If i wire my rockford T1652 components normal, positive and negative, what would the ohm load be, 2 or 4?

This should haelp, not just for subwoofers but for all speakers.

Ohm Load explained

It is right on the spec sheet

Nominal Impedance 4-Ohms

Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD | Hertz 6.5 | Alpine Type R 6x9 | Custom 200A Alt | Knu Flek 1/0 Big 3 and all wiring | Eclipse EA3422 | AudioQue 2200d | DC XL 12 | Red Oak Box ~2.8 cubes @ 30 hz |

OP no offense. But you post alot of topics and ask alot of questions that can be EASILY answered by google.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Ohm Load explained

Nominal Impedance 4-Ohms

I understand wiring speakers directly to the amp, but when i wire speakers into the crossovers, and then the crossover into the amp, is it 2 or 4? thats where i get confused

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

Ohm Load explained

Nominal Impedance 4-Ohms

I understand wiring speakers directly to the amp, but when i wire speakers into the crossovers, and then the crossover into the amp, is it 2 or 4? thats where i get confused

4 ohms......

It is still 4 ohms. Remember, impedance is frequency dependent. Since the frequencies are being divided between the speakers by the crossover, there should not be overlap, so there are no frequencies where the drivers are actually in parallel.

Current system:

1997 Blazer - (4) Customer Fi NEO subs with (8) American Bass Elite 2800.1s

Previous systems:

2000 Suburban - (4) BTL 15's and (4) IA 40.1's = 157.7 dB at 37 Hz.

1992 Astro Van - (6) BTL 15's and (6) IA 40.1's = 159.7 dB at 43 Hz.

OP - if you are going to ask questions that have been answered time and again, please, at the very least, use the correct vernacular...ohm load sounds ignorant...nominal impedance is the term you are looking for.

When a SET of speakers says 4-ohm components the FINAL impedance is going to be 4-ohms.

Principal

JTech Consulting - Leader in 12-Volt Training and Product PlanningIt's not about how much power you have, but how well you use it

OP - if you are going to ask questions that have been answered time and again, please, at the very least, use the correct vernacular...ohm load sounds ignorant...nominal impedance is the term you are looking for.

When a SET of speakers says 4-ohm components the FINAL impedance is going to be 4-ohms.

where the hell does it say 4 ohm components? If i saw that i wouldn't be asking this fuckin question

Pioneer 6300ub

Rockford Prime 6.5's

Pioneer 6x9's

Alpine MRP-M500

10" Alpine Type R

Stinger 4 Gauge Wires

you mean to say you bought equipment and have no idea what the coil configuration is? when you purchased them, the box, the speakers, the manual...nothing said any of this important information?

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?