Sundown Audio

Smoked My Soundstream Xxx-6500

cmrs2k

:( I went to a competition yesterday. I ran registered to run in two different power classes. I first ran on one RF t30001. I pulled a 150.0. Much better than last time. I got a 149.7 on two T3Ks. The night started good. I switched over to my XXX-6500 which I have never run before. It wouldn't play a not, it would just play garbage. Then the amp smoked. I pulled it out.

Now, what should I do?

Sell it as a broken/damaged unit? Let someone else see if they can get it fixed?

Get it fixed? Where? Who? How much $$$? Is it worth it?

:(

BJJ20logo20resize.png

I know a guy who can fix it..I am sending my amp to him..www.db-r.com He is in Texas as well..

Go to www.db-r.com Dude is good..He can fix it in fact I think he has some pictures of one he fixed on his website.

Edited by zaxfire69

:( I went to a competition yesterday. I ran registered to run in two different power classes. I first ran on one RF t30001. I pulled a 150.0. Much better than last time. I got a 149.7 on two T3Ks. The night started good. I switched over to my XXX-6500 which I have never run before. It wouldn't play a not, it would just play garbage. Then the amp smoked. I pulled it out.

Now, what should I do?

Sell it as a broken/damaged unit? Let someone else see if they can get it fixed?

Get it fixed? Where? Who? How much $$$? Is it worth it?

:(

well i have a xxx 6500d that is new if ur interested

new toy

97 chevy s10 ext cab

bagged

22s

system (coming soon )

4 soundstream t4-15s walled

2 concept 2410 mono amps

REFS

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=cartunez2004

http://caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t...ht=LOUDCARTUNEZ

well i have a xxx 6500d that is new if ur interested

Thanks, but the funny thing is, I really was never very serious about using the one that I have. I aquired it in a trade, so I decided that I would give it a couple of rounds on the term lab before I pushed hard to sell it.

I'm really kind of glad that it happened to me. I am sure that if I sold it and this happened to the buyer they would have thought that I screwed them intentionally. Even if there was no accusation I think that I would feel like the buyer felt that way so this kind of saved me some trouble. I know the guy that I got the amp from wasn't trying to mess me over. He was playing it until we disconnected it and loaded it up for me to take home. I really would have liked to have seen how it compared to one of my RF T3K's.

Zaxfire69, thanks for the info. I will check it out.

BJJ20logo20resize.png

that is a really nice amp. i would definately get it repaired and use it instead of the rf.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

• 2 weeks later...

I am definitely getting this amp repaired. Soundstream has been really easy to deal with so far. They have a flat repair rate. I'm just waiting to have time to ship it off.

I don't know what caused the prob. This amp has been in use in the previous owners truck for at least a year. It was putting up 154-155db on his subs in his truck (burps only). He even set it up on another guys pair of Treo SSI 10s and moved his best with those 10's of a 145.3db to a 148.5db before they decided to die. All of this I have seen personally, so I know that the amp was capable of making decent power.

When I get it back, I might play with it some (like I originally planned to), or I might test it and then sell it. We'll see.

BJJ20logo20resize.png