Sonic Electronix

They definitely look much meaner, but all the testing I did unfortunately didn't show a reason for the price, lol. The type R is definitely a decent performer.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

price difference from the R to the X for the performance gained isnt worth it.

x2 i love my type-x but i regret buying it just because i could of got better for less, or way better for a little more

Car: 1995 Thunderbird

System:

Pioneer deh5100ub HU

Pioneer/Lightning Audio 5x7's

1 Hifonics 1610D amp

2 Obsidian Audio 12's

4cu.ft. box tuned to 30hz

8 farad Boss Audio cap

4 gauge power/ground wire

Youtube

Facebook

They definitely look much meaner, but all the testing I did unfortunately didn't show a reason for the price, lol. The type R is definitely a decent performer.

Yes sir you are correct, ask paul sturmer, 156 dbs with 4 R´s and 4 hifonics brutus in a explorer on street C class :drink40:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Ok, The amp i will be using is the AQ2200D and im either getting..

(2) AQ HDC3's 15"

or

(4) P3's, or Type R's, Or SDC2.5's 12's or 15's

Which Will Be more loud and hit the lows pretty hard?

any drawbacks to 4 subs as oppose to 2?

What do you have, and SUV? If you have an SUV I would go with 2 AQ HD3 15" for now on that AQ2200D. IF you wanted more after that you would have to buy another AQ2200D and 2 more HDC3s. Its better to go for quality first. I just learned today that AQ is not that different then Sundown, and believe me Sundown is HIGH quality.

DONT MIND ME, IM JUST A DISRESPECTFUL PIECE OF SHIT.

Cone area is pretty kewl. However, there is no use to underpower 4 speakers when u can max out 2 properly.

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

No need to max out any subwoofer.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Cone area is pretty kewl. However, there is no use to underpower 4 speakers when u can max out 2 properly.

I have to disagree with you man, i´ve gotten better results by underpowering more subs than overpowering less subs on daily applications where you need to disipate the heat better, i prefer to be safe, but that´s just me...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

if both are in ported enclosures go with the 12s... if 12s are sealed and 15s are ported go with the 15s

Team Devastation Mixed Martial ArtsMachado Brazilian JiujitsuOnce I lock it on there's no escape I don't train to make you tap, I train to tear your arm, leg, or head off. Its your job to tap before I can do that -Pain is only weakness leaving the body, its kill or be killed and only the strong survive...Rockford FosgateDigital DesignsFi Car AudioCrossfire Car Audio

by "maxing" out I mean "make sure they are not underpowered". Then what "better results" mean is also a question. I feel like not enough power often makes sub sound way worse, and be better off with having fewer subs to the same power available. Maybe just ppl around here tend to be more happy to buy big sups and not put money into amps and power supplies......

I don't mean to push them 'spl competition' hard is the only way to use a sub...

In future systems I'll try to go with multiple subs. But for now, I'll stay with the SOloX18...

Good luck with yer system :))

Don't like sharing your knowledge?

Welll.. Don't come here and grab others then! - GTFO.

Archived