OrionStang Posted May 23, 2011 Report Posted May 23, 2011 You're just missing one thing. Where's the vids?? SMD Super Seller My Feedback Thread
windycitygtp Posted June 10, 2011 Report Posted June 10, 2011 Do you have any other mods to support a 3.2pully nice prix thou GtP Learning more about car audio everyday on smd first real build coming smd current noob setup 2-15 cvx sealed prefab soundstream 4ch rf bd1000 crunch 6.5 comps
TeamHT Posted June 10, 2011 Report Posted June 10, 2011 I still don't see the CAI. Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?
mousemonster1232 Posted August 3, 2011 Author Report Posted August 3, 2011 I forgot about this thread! Sorry for bringing it back! But I need to justify myself! I do have plenty of mods to support the 3.2. All of the ones recommended actually including; flipped dogbones CAI 160* tstat (live in AZ) 104s SD headers Reptile tune PCM And that's good. Here let me see if I can get a picture of engine bay.
mousemonster1232 Posted August 3, 2011 Author Report Posted August 3, 2011 Wait, it is already there. It is the first picture..?
windycitygtp Posted August 4, 2011 Report Posted August 4, 2011 Even with those mods a 3.2 is small imo. I know u your getting major knock do u have a aeroforce ? GtP Learning more about car audio everyday on smd first real build coming smd current noob setup 2-15 cvx sealed prefab soundstream 4ch rf bd1000 crunch 6.5 comps
soundman72 Posted August 4, 2011 Report Posted August 4, 2011 Just to note- a CAI actually gets cold air. Unless you separate that filter from the engine bay- all you have is a WAI (warm air intake). Sadly, in many cases, a WAI can be worse for your engine than the original intake assembly with a K&N in place. Right now, you're simply sucking in engine bay heat. I guarantee there is more power in that engine if your get a true CAI setup.
mousemonster1232 Posted August 4, 2011 Author Report Posted August 4, 2011 CAI or HAI, they are the same for a GTP. I attend another forum that has actually done the difference with a Dyno, and they for the Gen III supercharger on my engine, it allows for higher torque. No need to waste money when I get same numbers, if not better with a HAI. And I do not have an Aeroforce but I do have a diagnostic scanner. I monitor it about once a month and at the beginning of this month I only had 1% knock [EDIT: in 2nd gear with full boost]. No two cars are the same. Thanks.
mousemonster1232 Posted August 4, 2011 Author Report Posted August 4, 2011 I found it. http://www.grandprixforums.net/dyno-science-cai-box-vs-open-cone-intake-33225.html If you look at the numbers, actually an open cone which would draw hot air, actually creates a little bit more torque and horsepower.
chrishova Posted August 13, 2011 Report Posted August 13, 2011 Is it lowered? Here is a old pic of mine with 1 1/2" eibach springs on stock 16"s Pontiac Grand Prix GT400a Mean Machine alt. EIGHT DD 12''s on a DDz2DD vo 8''s,6''s,5.25''s&tweetsNorfolk, VAhttp://www.youtube.c...ser/ovnorfolkvahttps://www.facebook.com/groups/TheSPLSpot/473815915987218/?notif_t=group_activity#!/chrishovahttp://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1[/color]
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.