MP3 Clipping - Bad or not?

I've seen clips in audacity. If they're insane, I believe I "normalize" them. I forget the term because I haven't used Audacity in months and I'm away from the computer.

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Headunit: Pioneer 80PRS

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

any clipping is bad... and potentially unhealthy for the subs... most songs clip.. so thats why you try your best to set your amp not to clip with a oscope, if you can take the most clipped song, and use a oscilloscope and set it as loud as it can be with out clipping, you shouldnt have any issues playing any other song thats slightly clipped...

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

i agree with derrick, any clipping is bad. but the duration and severity of the clipping also plays a role. with things set properly, you shouldn't have to worry unless you get a hold of some crazy songs. gucci has a few that are really bad

[rant]

How fucking stupid is everyone here, except a select few. Any clipping is bad. Hey, OP, how many times are you going to ask the same fucking question? Clipping, BAD. Don't let it happen, just avoid it. Is it really all that hard to just turn it down? As for how much clipping is going to kill you, we just don't fucking know. We don't know what you have, don't know how bad your clipping. In my opinion if you have to ask your already clipping the bitch out of it.

And why the fuck do you keep putting quotes around the word clipping. Its a real thing, the word isn't made up. It exists.

My question to you is what kind of answers did you get from your research? How many people and who told you clipping was fine?

[/rant]

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

lmao you guys don't even know clipping does not harm your equipment? shouldn't some one who has been on a car audio forum as long as you do know that by now? the heat caused by it is all that might damage something. I would guarantee both of you clip at one point

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

lmao you guys don't even know clipping does not harm your equipment? shouldn't some one who has been on a car audio forum as long as you do know that by now? the heat caused by it is all that might damage something. I would guarantee both of you clip at one point

Clipping causes heat, heat damages equipt. Your not smart, just a smart ass.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

Your not smart, just a smart ass.

PWNT! :yahoo:

On 5/8/2011 at 7:38 PM, Kranny said:
On 5/8/2011 at 7:35 PM, 'Maxim' said:

It hurts me inside when I read stuff like this and remember you're 15

LMFAO so true

:blush:

Mitsubishi 3000GT (Old Build)

Frontstage: (2) McLaren Audio MLT-2 Tweeters & (4) PRV Audio MR Series Neo 6.5" Mids

Substage: 4 15" Hybrid Subs - Tantric Motors & Sundown Softies

Amps: Banda 2.4D Amp (Tweets), American Bass VFL 350.4 (Mids), and (2) Ampere 3800s

Electrical :Singer 260A Alt & JY Power Lithium

2005 Chevy Colorado Ext Cab

Frontstage: 4 PRV 700Ti Tweets & 6 10" Delta Mids on 3000wrms

Substage: 6 Fi BTL 18s in a 4th Order Walkthrough on 3 Wolfram 4500s

Electrical: Singer "390" and JY Power

My Official Feedback Thread

Clipping causes heat, heat damages equipt. Your not smart, just a smart ass.

no your a complete jack ass. I would put money on every single person on this website having some amount of clipping on their system at one time or another. whether it's the song or amp settings. just because you clip once doesn't mean your system will fry.

and if your trying to call some one dumb, make sure you know how to spell first.

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

Archived