Jump to content
Second Skin Audio

Recommended Posts

Posted

I have been trying to read about bandpass enclosure because I was thinking about building one as an experiment but I can't seem to find much info about them. All I have gathered so far is that the ported part you tune like a normal box but with a frequency in the high 40's/low 50's and that you generally use a ratio of 2:1 or 3:1 of ported volume to sealed volume. What I'm curious about though is how you determine the area of the sealed or ported chambers? For instance, I have two Infinity 860w 8 inch subs which are recomended to be used in .35 cubes sealed or .65 cubes ported, how would I determine how big to make the chambers?

Posted

I use just general rules of thumb that I've learned.

For those 8s I'd do .4 - 5 sealed each.

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Posted (edited)

I use just general rules of thumb that I've learned.

For those 8s I'd do .4 - 5 sealed each.

General rules of thumb such as...?

And do they need to be separate chambers or can it be one common sealed chamber?

Edited by Coleslaw
Posted

Your avatar, i need to know where its from before you get banned.

before I get banned? lol. And I stumbledupon it. I think it was dailygif.com or something like that.

Posted

Your avatar, i need to know where its from before you get banned.

Her name is Holly Michaels :peepwall:

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Posted

HOLLY DEEP THROAT.

12- DC Audio m2Lvl3 12's1- Hertz HSK3 way2- DC5K's2- ZX350.42- Stinger SP1500D batteries in rear3- runs of 1/0ga. to the rearTeam DC Audiodc-banner.jpgdcsoundlab.com

Quality is all in how you take pictures ;) I have plenty of projects that look WAY better on camera then in person :D

crazy to fit so many in so little. Reminds me of some of the porns I've seen?

Posted

Your avatar, i need to know where its from before you get banned.

Her name is Holly Michaels :peepwall:

thnx bum ;):rofl: .

DC & Hertz FTW!

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 3238 Guests (See full list)

×
×
  • Create New...