15" Sundown Audio sa15d2 TESTED!!!

But certain subs prefer certain enclosures, don't they? I can see this leading to me learning something lol...

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

But certain subs prefer certain enclosures, don't they? I can see this leading to me learning something lol...

for the metro...think of the enclosure in this vehicle as being a sealed enclosure (able to handle extreme amounts of power) tuned at the exact frequency that gives the car a hard on...

that's just a matter of tuning this box in increments of 3/4" at a time... through adding, moving,test... then adding, moving test. There is probably around 250 hours or more in just the enclosure it self. That allows me to drop just about any sub in there and squeeze EVERY drop of performance from the sub...

Some subs will fail. Doesn't mean they are not great subs, but maybe that their goal was more sq oriented... or meant for ground pounding, or it reached thermal or different suspensions... just really will show you which sub is geared towards ground pounding and which ones are meant for ripping up records. :)

I enjoy doing these tests, and I will be building an enclosure meant more for ground pounding (again tuned for best performance of the vehicle with low frequency in mind). Usually most cars will have two frequencies that they like to respond to well... an example... my truck is 38hz and 60hz (dodge ram qc)

I build the enclosure for the best performance in that vehicle... infact, I can't remember the last time I went by "specs" on any enclosure I've built.

stay tuned... :)

Wow, thanks for that Pulse. Very informative, and shows just how important the enclosure is. 250+ hours on the enclosure alone, that's dedication!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

I LOVE these vids. Iv allways wanted to do this with an single 8.

We are also doing that right now with my girlfriends truck. Lol. We have two boxes for her truck. One for ground pounding that does a 144.0dB at 37hz with under 700 watts. And an spl box doing 147.3dB with under 1100 watts. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Archived