15" Sundown Audio sa15d2 TESTED!!!

Jacob from Sundown sent over an SA15 for us to test in the Boswell's metro DDBEAST. Thanks to Jimmy Greaves (sundown rep) for getting Jacob to send up a woofer...

the number was quite impressive given that it is a 600 watt woofer and we had well over 6k on it, and its only a 235.00 woofer... Impressive...

The sub did fail on the third roll joining T3 on the "didn't make it through" list, but again... posting a very impressive number.

So far this is the highest score with a 600 watt sub... although it is a d2 so it did have more power vs. the Ascendant Audio "arsenal15" (our second highest scoring 600 watt sub at 156.6... however the AA did not fail after 10 rolls)

enjoy...

i am impressed any of the subs you tested survived to even give a score. 10x rated power and it did 3 complete runs just speaks volumes to the quality of subs he builds. I have personally never used one but I would have zero reservations on using one after watching this. I am hoping DC tosses you a level 3 to try out!

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

i am impressed any of the subs you tested survived to even give a score. 10x rated power and it did 3 complete runs just speaks volumes to the quality of subs he builds. I have personally never used one but I would have zero reservations on using one after watching this. I am hoping DC tosses you a level 3 to try out!

yes it is quite a bit of power... I find it great that these manufacturers are willing to offer up subs for us to test knowing the amount of power we will be running to them.

remember this kind of score is amazing for a sub being pushed WAAAAY beyond its limits. I love doing this... of course I love it even more when the sub holds up. lol

I've been waiting on that DC sub for a while... I don't think he wants us to abuse one. lmao.

Thanks again to Sundown for offering up a test sub. :)

Very nice score. Do you have a list of these subs youve tested? I know the T3, AA arsenal, and this one, just curious of others I might have missed. Any subs coming your way you plan on testing in the near future too?

Great test, thanks for all you guys do. Pulse ftfw. :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

He ( rusty ) doesn't have one to offer ATM.

Waiting on top plates and t-yokes, I'm almost willing to send you one of my XL 15s.....

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

not bad.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

I was impressed when I watched it earlier... :drink40:

06 GP GXP

Google Nexus 7 16gb

Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.3

*Electrical*

DC Power 320a HP

2 - Juicebox Bananas g31

Stinger SPP2250 rear

Kinetik HC1800 side of wall

Optima Red Top front

Monster Cable 1/0, 2 runs to rear

Monster Cable 1/0 Big 3

2-Rockford Fosgate T1652S's

Rockford Fosgate T400-4

Rockford Fosgate T40001bd (4693rms @1ohm)

4-Sundown SA-15 D2's wired @ 1ohm/These are on the way out for 4 one off Eminent Audio 15's

15.2 cubes net tuned @34hz! Walled off

DBdrag official 151.6db @46hz

GXP Build log!:GP GXP Walled

Quality is the sign of a true enthusiast!

Refs: Link to leave more: http://www.stevemead...91#entry1603091

Bought from: Trippi (RF T2500bd, T1000-4),bre2ts (25ft Knu 1/0)

Sold to: shmew22 (T1500bdCP), Rev. Wrath (RF 3SIXTY.1), trjohnst (Knu 1/0, 3 fuse holders), Enemyofsilence (Audio Technix, RF T400-4).

Archived