n8ball2013 Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 its not going to hurt performance if you decide to change it up. Id rather haev it deadened anyways. THERE IS NO BUILD LOG! 1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab Alpine CDA-9887 4 Team Fi 15s 2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0 2 Ampere Audio 150.4 3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound! 8 XS Power d3400 6 XS power d680 Second Skin Stinger Tsunami Wiring Sky High A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.
TIG Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 I know a lot of people say that its good to have the pressure come through the deck when the setup is in the trunk but that could just be for cars that dont have the back seats that fold down. Since were all having a moment of truth. I hate country too.. I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.
corey0928 Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 You hit the nail on the head^ The rear deck not being deadened will hurt performance if you fire up
fox_racin4 Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 when i had my trunk car, i took rear deck off took speakers out, and layed 2 layers of deader over whole rear deck then 3/4 layers of gorilla tape to seal the box off 1998 gmc extd cab 12 crossfire C710s 4 SAZ-4500s 3 Singer 400A altsbuncha mids/highs Team Asshole
TIG Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 Well then deadning the deck will be good regardless, if I choose to seal or build a different box. Good to know. I guess I learn something new every day. Since were all having a moment of truth. I hate country too.. I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.
TIG Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 i will get pics of this as I go and post them up in my build thread. I hope this works well. Im looking for around 145db or better at 2ohm on my aq3500. Anyway thanks for all the help guys Since were all having a moment of truth. I hate country too.. I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.
keepinitloud Posted May 10, 2011 Report Posted May 10, 2011 looks good and if your seats fold down sealing it off from the trunk is the way to go clink my link below and see how I did mine 06 chrysler 300C Hemi one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters stock battery and a stinger spv44 Irragi 300 amp alternator big 3 1/0 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1
TIG Posted May 10, 2011 Author Report Posted May 10, 2011 I have got mixe oppinions on the best option in a trunk car with folding back seats. some say sealed off is better and some say sub up and port back is better. So rather than build another box Im going to try this and see what happens. Since were all having a moment of truth. I hate country too.. I'd only listen to it if I got some hotass bitch in my car and shes gonna suck my dick.
BigManAC Posted September 4, 2013 Report Posted September 4, 2013 Right now I have mine sub up and port back but im considering just sealing it off. I was told countless time that all you really need is deadener, great stuff, and some extra MDF / thick cardboard and make sure its airtight. Im thinking that the little bit extra SPL will make a difference with it sealed off. Look forward to seeing the build log man. 2001 Saturn L200-Sony MEX-BT4100PFRONT STAGE:- (4) Crescendo PWX 6- Cadence XA250.2SUB STAGE:-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)-Crescendo BC2kELECTRICAL:- Singer 240A alt - XS Power D3400- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gaugeBuild Log: Click HereScores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw
slowfkncar Posted September 5, 2013 Report Posted September 5, 2013 It took me 3 tries to properly seal my trunk & I install for a living! I positioned the enclosure the way I wanted it,I cut a big cardboard box to block the open area from the sub enclosure to the seat wall,I then used the perfectly cut cardboard & layed a few layers of fiberglass over it. This was perfect for sealing the trunk wall,however I had issues with my trunk deck. I have tried gorilla tape & half tilt at 30hz just sucks the tape right into the trunk,I then bought "fatmat" deadener and I had the same issue a week later. I had to buy dynamat xtreme deadener and double layer my whole rear deck. I'm not saying this will happen to yours,but I only have 1 sub and 4300wrms peak(amp peak,not clamped) and it moves enough air to rip out all the thin pieces that sealed the trunk. Its not to hard and it makes a huuuuuuuge difference!
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.