Second Skin Audio

Blow Through Box

DStortz

I agree with the 4th order and plan on loosing your bed. I don't know anything about designing one so hopefully someone chimes in. Would need to be in a big V shape to get them all to fit properly with a lot of cancelation.

2013 F150 Crew Cab

Old Build Log

Feedback

2013 F150

Equipment - Some Awesome Stereo Sound Making Stuff

OP would you have to angle the subs as well?

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

lol you said you got a killer deal and i know JL is ridiculously overpriced :peepwall:

Well that is not all that I have purchased, and they are giving me the fiberglass toneau cover that is going on my truck, all of the wiring and all of the batteries.

Still not sure why this is important to the subject, it's not your money, town, or build so unless you have some advice on the box please keep your comments to yourself.

Wow you mad? LOL :clapping:

Not at all

just not sure why you need to question on the equipment or where/how i am buying my equipment. Since it is the money that I work for and save for, just dont understand why you need to question why im buying from my local shop and using the equipment they want me to represent. Espically when i asked about the box.

I would understand you asking those question's if i asked for advice on if i should buy these sub's and where i should buy them from, but they have already been paid for and ordered.

Takes alot more then this to get me mad, i deal with jackass's all day long that question why things are done the way they are.

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

I agree with the 4th order and plan on loosing your bed. I don't know anything about designing one so hopefully someone chimes in. Would need to be in a big V shape to get them all to fit properly with a lot of cancelation.

yeah already knew that I will be losing the bed of the pick up. It's a 8' bed so I have plenty of room and the subs only need 2.75 cube feet per sub for air space.

I really like the idea of a big ass V, but do I put the ports in the back torwards the tailgate, closer to the cab.

I have never build anything this big before, alway's just had your standard truck boxes behind the seats. Kinda jumped in with both feet on this one, but I am looking forward to having lot's of fun with it.

1978 Chevy 3/4 ton Reg Cab Pickup Alpine 9887 Imprint Head Unit JL Audio HD600.4 (Mid Amp) JL Audio HD750.1 (Sub Amp) 2 x JL 13TW5 Shallow Sub's JL C5-650 Components in fiberglassed door mod JL ZR800-CW Mid Bass in the kick panels ***UPCOMING BUILD(2 weeks and counting)*** 8 JL Audio 15" W0's in a blow through 2 Kicker 2500.1

OP would you have to angle the subs as well?

No i have plenty of room to stand them straight up and down with putting to layers of mdf on the top and bottom.

lol you said you got a killer deal and i know JL is ridiculously overpriced :peepwall:

Well that is not all that I have purchased, and they are giving me the fiberglass toneau cover that is going on my truck, all of the wiring and all of the batteries.

Still not sure why this is important to the subject, it's not your money, town, or build so unless you have some advice on the box please keep your comments to yourself.

Not at all

just not sure why you need to question on the equipment or where/how i am buying my equipment. Since it is the money that I work for and save for, just dont understand why you need to question why im buying from my local shop and using the equipment they want me to represent. Espically when i asked about the box.

I would understand you asking those question's if i asked for advice on if i should buy these sub's and where i should buy them from, but they have already been paid for and ordered.

Takes alot more then this to get me mad, i deal with jackass's all day long that question why things are done the way they are.

Okay well now im a Jackass :drinks: But i was just asking because local over charges me buy quite a bit. and i was just wondering knowing JL products are good but overpriced and you said killer deal. and well Curiosity killed me and i wanted to know. no hard feelings :drinks:

FYI i had to retype this due to thunderstorm <_<

The guy offered me a 13w7 in a JL box for 1300 i think they over priced by a little not much though :trippy:

You know how you avoid that? Man the fuck up and bang her best friend sister mom cousin worst enemy and never look back.

JUST SAY ANTI-AUDIOPIPE

u tune a 4th order about 10 to 15hz higher than what u actually want the box to play at the combination of a sealed and ported box working together lowers the tuning

2007 caliber

2 Fi ssd 18's

rd audio 3250

xs power d3100 (need 2 more)

stock alt (soon to be singer 350a)

2.75:1 4th order in progress!

I'll help with the design, and if you're local ( or willing to book a plane ticket for me ) I'll cone build it.

Let me see what I can come up with. What's the length, height and depth you're willing to use??

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

Not at all

Okay well now im a Jackass :drinks: But i was just asking because local over charges me buy quite a bit. and i was just wondering knowing JL products are good but overpriced and you said killer deal. and well Curiosity killed me and i wanted to know. no hard feelings :drinks:

FYI i had to retype this due to thunderstorm <_<

The guy offered me a 13w7 in a JL box for 1300 i think they over priced by a little not much though :trippy:

JL is over priced, but they shop already has a kicker sq car, a kicker ground pounder running 2 solo x 18's and a kicker spl jeep running 4 solo x 12's that is close to getting a 161.

JL is there other brand that they sell, but besides my last build with the shallow 13's they have nothing running JL cause they push kicker so much. Myself i dont like kicker subs, so I wont run them, just never liked the way they sound.

This will be the 4th build that I have used JL in and have alway's been pleased. I love the shop that i buy through, they take great care of there good customers. In the last 3 years I have not missed a single stereo comp in the state of Montana and the shop owners pay for the entry fee's and gas for myself, one of the stores installers and 2 others to travel and represent the store.

That is why I buy from them and run the equipment that they ask me to.

Archived