Do amps make a difference in sq?

tonedeaf

no marketing at all, he clamps with gain at zero with a 2 volt input. that way he is never over rated on a single amplifier

Now that you say that I remember reading that on diyma. With the way a ton of the competition overrated their products, he wants to be different. Btw, you wouldnt happen to have any specs of the 4 channel @ 4 ohms would you? Any different from the old outdated reviews? I heard the v2s are upgraded on every aspect.

Seriously, if you don't have the speaker,RCA's and a GREAT install and done quite a lot of acoustic mods.(except in some mercedes cars, since they have quite good acoustics to start with.)

It doesn't matter what amp you use, as long as it's decent.

Even in home audio amps don't matter a lot, and acoustics in a house are most of the time way better then in a car.

Korey_hofer i had a few(2) Mcintosh amps and i wasn't too fond of them.

They are not worth the high pricetag, they are very nice and built with a decent quality but i have seen quite a few brands surpass the quality and more power for the buck.

There hasn't been a test where you could hear a difference blindfolded between a "decent" and a very high end (expensive) amp. It's all psychoacoustics.

Do you know the brand Sansui? It was up to par with sound and buildquality with Mcintosh back in the days.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Have u looked into the alpine pdx amps( I believe that's the series) the digital series ones also the jl hd amps are rumored to be real clean but running active I use a 360 but also my mid drivers aren't as clean output wise as those hertz check out soundmancaraudio.com forum those dudes are big on sq might find some good info they also will answer questions Orr the phone no problem

ive owned the zuki amp...what an overhyped piece of shit.

my favorite amps ive ever had were from

Diamond Audio D7

Helix espirit h500

DLS, the ultimate a4

Audison 2.9k

Audison 1.1k

Audison 5.1k

Audison 2.4k

Arc Audio 2150se

Tru Technologies Hammer

Genesis profile four

ipaul 4.300

i've had tons more just what is off the top of my head at the moment.

I havent owned but have heard the Audison VRX line, thats not discontinued and i loved it as well.

PS. i didnt like my zed leviathan either, it lasted less then a week before i sold it. and if anyone knows me, they know i fly through equipment.

My amps of choice for My Sound Quality application is the Linear Power 2.2hv and the Linear Power 5002iq ...

Very powerful and dynamic ... great volume control and very clear sounding ... Very low distortion ... And Best of all - Very Reliable ...

26203460044_large.jpg ... 26203460045_large.jpg

:drink40:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

I havent owned but have heard the Audison VRX line, thats not discontinued and i loved it as well.

I just bought an Audison VRX 4.300.2 yesterday; cost me a pretty penny but it sounds amazing.

1994 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham

Pioneer AVH-P5200BT

Hertz Mille MLK-165 Component System

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-165, 6.5

Hertz Hi Energy HCX-690 (6x9s)

Audison Voce AV K6 Component System

Audison VRX 4.300

Audison VRX 2.250

Sundown 4500D

SMD 15"

XS Power D3400 (under hood) Three XS Power D3100 (trunk)

Monster XLN-201 RCAs

DC Power Engineering 390XP H/O Alternator

Diamond Audio D7

Helix espirit h500

DLS, the ultimate a4

Audison 2.9k

Audison 1.1k

Audison 5.1k

Audison 2.4k

Arc Audio 2150se

Tru Technologies Hammer

Genesis profile four

ipaul 4.300

PS. i didnt like my zed leviathan either, it lasted less then a week before i sold it. and if anyone knows me, they know i fly through equipment.

The DA D7 was my first choice. But either way, if I don't like the Zuki they seem to sell very quickly across the other forums. That much power for that pricetag is hard to beat. That beige said, if I could find a DA D7 I might try to pick it up. Tried to get one off eBay and eBay wouldn't let me bid at the last minute.

Since I'm pricing together all y equipment now anyways I should be able to spend the coin on another one later. But the Zuki will do for now.

Diamond Audio D7

Helix espirit h500

DLS, the ultimate a4

Audison 2.9k

Audison 1.1k

Audison 5.1k

Audison 2.4k

Arc Audio 2150se

Tru Technologies Hammer

Genesis profile four

ipaul 4.300

The DA D7 was my first choice. But either way, if I don't like the Zuki they seem to sell very quickly across the other forums. That much power for that pricetag is hard to beat. That beige said, if I could find a DA D7 I might try to pick it up. Tried to get one off eBay and eBay wouldn't let me bid at the last minute.

Since I'm pricing together all y equipment now anyways I should be able to spend the coin on another one later. But the Zuki will do for now.

My amps of choice for My Sound Quality application is the Linear Power 2.2hv and the Linear Power 5002iq ...

Very powerful and dynamic ... great volume control and very clear sounding ... Very low distortion ... And Best of all - Very Reliable ...

http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/482/1921/26203460044_large.jpg[/ig] ... http://carphotos.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/482/1921/26203460045_large.jpg[/ig]

:drink40:

Ive heard alot about linear power (isn't it te same company as blue audio?) but don't know a ton about them. I just know they're sexier than fuck and I'd run one in a heartbeat. :peepwall:

Theres this one too:

PPI Art series 404

Korey, what do you think of all these as well. Probably shouldnt care about look, but thats what really drew me to the DA d7 4 channel. Would like a sexy amp along with massive power output and tremendous SQ. The trifecta if you will. Considering running a couple of the DA D7 two channels if I could find a second one. Or is the Zuki gonna be one of the better deals I can find? Still new to alot of these prands, but im scowering the all the forums and fleebay for PPIs, Diamond Audio, soundstream (I think these are sexy too :good: ), Zapcos, Audison, Treo, etc. and cant really decide on any of them. Grrr Your guys input helps alot though. Not sure what id do without this forum. :peepwall:

Edit: I was just reading about the butler tubes and how the sound was affected. I do like the Zuki and it has the perfect amount of power output im looking for without breaking the bank. I guess I was just to set on the D7 to care. :bull::lol:

I have an A404 on some rainbow components, it sounds great but as said it doesn't have any crossovers so you will either have to run passive or have a processor before the amp, or a headunit with active capabilities.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

Archived