Sonic Electronix

ok my uncle listens to slipknot and metallica sevenfold etc etc he wants me to build him a box for 1 12 ported what should i tune it at???? and how many cubes do you guys think. box is a single voice coil 12 takes like 800watts peak 400 rms <_<

i think sealed would work better for metal.

(UNDER CONSTRUCTION)

Kenwood KIV-700 headunit

2 18" sundown Z.v3s

13.5^3 wall tuned @ 28hz

SAZ-3500

DC power 270amp alt

JL c2 650

AP600.4

XS 1200 under the hood

XS 3100 in the trunk

1/0 gauge

big 3

25^2ft audio technix

sdfi.png

^^ c-fuzzy ur an idiot, my 15" soround is waay bigger cuz its a tall sorround, on top of that I HAVE A BIGGER MOTOR... oh yeah and fuck u suck my dick i got your hoes!

anywhere they want to. They cant hear anyone telling them otherwise. just because its bigger doesnt make it any different. they just piss people off faster and farther away.

If he listens to just rock tune higher say 40-45, this will give the best results for rock/metal music.

EDIT: this if from my own experience.

Edited by Kasey

"Audio is not a hobby it's a lifestyle"

_____________________________Refs_1_Refs_2_____________________________

th_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifth_RF_140x100_powersubs.jpg

lol SO far I have seen 29 Hz 35 Hz and 40+ Hz, lol many different opinions here man

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

Higher tuning = less bass response. The low bass guitar notes won't be as loud, it's all in his preference. I'd do low, but not ridiculously low, like in the mid 30's, to keep the low end response. :P

P.S. this is from my own crazy hypothesis. :pardon:

POTATO!

lol SO far I have seen 29 Hz 35 Hz and 40+ Hz, lol many different opinions here man

Well, in reality it matters what speaker it is, and what car. But, if I was to give a blanket answer for the majority of woofers, i'd say 35-38hz. Some rock gets into the low to mid 30's. If you use say an Asendant/DC/FI....etc woofer, it will play decently about 3hz below tuning. High motor force like a DD, you could do 38-42 hz and have about the same range. Also, the amount of airspace and port ratio will come into play....

Clovis Custom Audio 559-392-3600

96 Silverado Single Cab

2-DD9515's Cut-through

1-DDSE Amp

Stock electrical and a couple small stingers, LOL