Sonic Electronix

So I got metered today. The numbers suck for the stuff I'm running. Legal sealed 139.8, on the dash driver window down 141.4, in the kick driver window down 141.8. All scores are on a 40hz tone, my car's peak. I have to find a way to get my trunk to close tighter, the flex is ridiculous. I'm thinking a lot more of the rubber weather stripping, or just stuffing towels around the edge before closing it. I also left my gains set clean for the runs, no bass boost, no extra gain. I should have turned the subsonic off though.

Everyone there said it gets down for a single-12 setup in the trunk, it just doesn't meter well. Has to be the trunk letting all my pressure out.

Edited by OrionStang

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Weld the truck Shut...... :clapping:

No really though have you considered having it face in the car rear seat down and & just sealing off from the truck?

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

try turning it so its sub up port forward

when i was burping, i had my gains set for vol 52/60 at vol 52/60 i did a 148.x went to 55/50 149.6 went to 60/60 and did a 150.1

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Obviously James, I know its not good, hence the title of the topic. What I need to do is trouble shoot.

Would the sub up/port back setup cause some sort of cancellation in a small trunk? It sounds loud to the ear, so why the low score? Forward and sealed off would only be possible with some metal trimming, and I really don't want to cut the car.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Where did you meter at? Did they end up meeting today? Or was K1 not cancelled lol

Edited by CaPRiCEx383

90 Nissan 240sx

Avic z-140bh

Audison SR4

Audison Voce 6.5s

CDT es-20 tweeters

Sundown 1500v3

(2) DD 9510's

3 cube box 2 6" aeros

XS Power D2400 & Xp950

Skyhigh/Knukonceptz/Rockford Fosgate wiring

More Coming Soon.. Check my builds below.

97 Civic Hatch Build

86 Caprice Build

you can pick up a chick in a car... I think it'd be hard to roll up mackin on a broad sittin on a sundown. My opinion

try turning it so its sub up port forward

when i was burping, i had my gains set for vol 52/60 at vol 52/60 i did a 148.x went to 55/50 149.6 went to 60/60 and did a 150.1

My gain is set for volume 31/35. I had no substantial score increase from 32 to 35.

Where did you meter at? Did they end up meeting today? Or was K1 not cancelled lol

Few of us met up at a bowling alley in Chino. Myself, Jon, Chips, Fiji, Str8Blazin, Earth, Blue.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

i totally wouldnt fire the sub up whatsoever to "raise" numbers. Hows it configured at the moment. what box are you running and tuning and whatnot

Right now its sub up/port back. Box is just over 2 cubes port tuned to 33ish. 36sq in of port. I got a design drawn up for sub/port back, same cubic feet but tuned to 35.5, but only 34.50 sq in of port.

You could seal it forward but with 2-3inches between the box and the metal you didnt want to cut then make some trim peices to round out those edges. Get what im saying? Hah

I know what you mean, might be able to work something.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread