Foreverbumpn and Resko1 rebuilt woofers reviewed, blown, and tore apart!

i personally would always use all the needed screws instead of halfassing somethign myself. I rather somethign be late and great, then presented half assed and have excuses for it.

Are these generic motors and baskets or was the motor and basket specific to each other? In other words are there several motors that can fit the basket? It isn't uncommon for manufactures to use similar parts on different platforms. If the basket works with lots of different sized motors the it could be argued that NOT using all the possible screws IS using all the needed screws.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

No. There were 6 bolt holes in the motor as well as the basket. its like was stated. I left three of them out since i didn't have m6 bolts handy and no time to drive 5mi to get some unless i was packing the kids in the car and bring them in the store to buy 3 bolts. If there was patience i could have gotten the bolts on saturday when we were both home but that would have meant an extra week of build time.

04 Chrysler Sebring

Stinger

C&D Technologies

Alpine

Infinity/cdt

Zapco

TC Sounds custom subs

I know there were 6 bolt holes on both the motor and basket. What I was asking is possibly the part of the motor that has the bolt holes is a part made for multiple motors. Since you were using such a small motor there is no need for 6 bolts. I am just asking, I don't know much of anything about building speakers.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

no. Im sure it had 6 bolts when factory built. Standard pattern. It was an error on my part. I should have made them wait regardless of the daily questions.

04 Chrysler Sebring

Stinger

C&D Technologies

Alpine

Infinity/cdt

Zapco

TC Sounds custom subs

if i was a sub builder i would think i would keep stocked with TONS of screws. but you got to run out some time :shrug: . obviously the bolts had nothing to do with a thermal failure. but it does make the builder look bad.

it might hurt your egos to hear some one speak poorly of your work but just try to look at it as a learning experience. if these two subs happened to be the worst two these guys ever made then it can help you improve your quality. we are all human and some times we fuck up. but when made aware of our mistakes we can be more vigilant and have a better chance of not making that same mistake in the future. then your worst sub is still "good" quality instead of the normal "great" quality.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i personally would always use all the needed screws instead of halfassing somethign myself. I rather somethign be late and great, then presented half assed and have excuses for it.

Hind sight is always 20/20...

I have a sub that Ken built, i actually have it on well over twice the power he rated. Its doing great, i was surprised to see some of the things Brian pointed out. The surround on my sub is the strongest i have ever seen, the cone and dust cap as well. I certainly will do business with him again.

i resolve to be a nicer moderator.

Tercel build R.I.P.

Eclipse build Old New

V-Dub

My feedback.

seems like it turned into a 3 custom woofer builders VS audiofanatics thread

i remember the mike singer amp comparison and i know the saz 4500 did what like 5400rms, not sure what his voltage was i think 13, so i do think the 6 at 14.4 would be legit

anyways, nice read either way the thread goes, lol

The amps in the singer video where wired at .5 ohms with a decent battery bank

Also, those are PEAK POWER clamp tests, not RMS test.

Results from the SAZ-4500D wired at .5ohms in his said video:

AC Voltage = 73.4volts

AC Amperage = 75.8volts

74.4v X 75.8v = 5,639 WATTS PEAK, not RMS

To figure out RMS wattage you take the peak power multiplied by .70 (which is a rough estimate for the amplifiers efficiency at 1 ohm)

HOWEVER THE AMP IS RAN AT .5 OHMS SO HIS EFFICIENCY RATING WILL BE MUCH LOWER in the .50 to .60 range, but lets, but for this we will use the normal .70.

so 5639 PEAK WATTS X .70 = 3,947 WATTS RMS at .5 ohms

Any time you clamp an amplifier and you want to know the actual RMS of that amplifier, you have to multiply the peak wattage by the efficiency rating of normaly .7 when wired at 1ohm, UNLESS you have a TRUE RMS Digital Multimeter and a True RMS Clamp meter, which those are not. they are cheap $22 craftsman meters http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_03482146000P?prdNo=6

But incase you dont trust my numbers, heres the video and you can look at the numbers yourself.

i dont honestly understand how someone rushing anyone warrants only using half the screws

Because i would have had time to go buy the bolts needed. Its not like i can just jump in the car and go. I have kids and im the only one home till the wife gets home at 3. Then im off to my job. Its difficult to get things done and its the reason a single pair can take me a week or 2. Not to mention waiting on parts. If there was patience, Matt would have had 8 layer fw alum coils with triple walled formers but him and John needed them like yesterday so i used a pair of 4 layer roundwound tc coils (used in revo and tc2000 series). either way i really dont care. Their are many happy customers of mine out there. And they all know if there was ever something wrong with craftsmanship or within normal operating means, they have free service. Regardless if its a repair or full rebuild.

These woofers audiofanaticz has will NOT be repaired under any warranty after i specifically told him they wont handle the saz4500d at 1 ohm. over 3k is way beyond its cooling capacity. Therefore is why the coils failed, AND ONLY the coils failed.

three bolts, 6 bolts, dont matter with a lightweight motor as long as the bolts are secure. obviously you wouldnt use 3 bolts with a 4hp motor.

As I said earlier, the hardware store is not even a mile from his house, if bolts where needed to build my friends woofers properly you could of called me and had me run.. Theres no excuse.

As for the coils. A sundown nightshade v2 coil fits it very nice, and jacob is very easy to get parts from.

We can care less if you dont warranty them, dude wants to throw them thru your window... Besides we picked up some Fi BTLs really cheap.

He was under the assumption that these woofers would take power, he is after a low tuned 150db street pounder, not some weak 18s that a pair of decent 12s can do.

Archived