Sonic Electronix

Yeah so I was all set on 2 FI BTL 12's until I got to talking with meechman a little more and I discovered that I do not have enough room for an upgraded alternator. So im going to have to go with a system that doesnt require me upgrading my factory alternator. With that said, I have a 2003 mercedes benz s500. Its got a bosch alternaor. Any idea how many watts I can run on it safely? Also, would I be able to run 2 FI Bl 12's or would I need to go with the SSD series? Thanks again.

Edited by tuflon

Its not about the subs. It depends which amps you have, they are what pull the power.

2003 Dodge Ram 1500 SLT (Yea its got a Hemi)Alpine CDA-105KnuKonceptz 0ga CCA

Big 3 with Yellow Top

15" SoundQubed HDC3DC Audio 1.2K (Bass)Pioneer 6x9's (Front)Pioneer 6.5's (Rear)Kicker 3.5's (Dash)Sony amp on the highs. (Hey it was free)

Ive ran around 2.5k on stock alt (125 amp) with a stinger spv35 and big 3 it did fine u should be fine on a 2-3k watts if u do atleast a big 3 and have a battery or two in ur trunk but i just an excessive amerage alt so no more stock for me but you should be fine with 2 12" bl's if u have the trunk space, but i would say no on the btl bc u couldnt give them the power they need on stock electrical.

Edited by g6ryder

www.wooferwarehouse.com

I would think that a high-end car like an S500 benz would have a pretty beefy stock alt, just do the big 3 with the biggest XS power batt you can fit under the hood and go from there.

I think you could do 2 BL 12's on something like an AQ2200 and maybe an extra batt in the trunk. I wouldn't do the BTL's though.

Edited by canderton01

2002 Camry XLE

35% tints all around

17'' Enkei FD-05 rims

Fi Q15 in 3.8cu ft box tuned to 32Hz

Pioneer DEH-P7200HD

AudioQue AQ1200d

4 Gauge Tsunami wiring/RCA's

mids/highs - OEM JBL system

AudioTechnix Deadner

Big 3 upgrade

My YouTube

Idk what ur asking in the last sentence of post but u should be fine runing the aq2200 with a big batt up front xtra in the back and big should be a nice setup

www.wooferwarehouse.com

Go with the Fi BLs. Run them on an AQ2200 or DC2k. Get the biggest XS Power battery you can fit under the hood, possibly a second for the trunk, and you will be fine. Do the Big3 in Ogauge, and keep us posted!

Bassless once again. Can't seem to keep a system for more than a few weeks :)

Saving for a '06 Nissan 350z, look for build around June 2012.

If you have the budget, do the btl. No matter what amp you will use, they will pound !!! You will be able to upgrade your amp and electrical later, and keep the sub.

If you're tight on budget do the bls.

black BMW X1 2.0 l 192 hp

OEM head unit, Amplifiers Audison AP 8.9 amp with integrated DSP and Ampere Audio 1200.

Focal ES 100 K in front doors, and Dayton RS 180 for midbass under the front seats.

2 SSA DEMONS 10" subs, in a 2.6 ft3  ported box. SecondSkin Damplifier on front doors, and Luxury Liner Pro for the cargo area.

I can't agree. Unless he's willing to do one BTL powered off of 2,000 watts.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?