Second Skin Audio

Breaking in......

yeah man as soon as my freind got his new subs hes like do i need to break them in? im like yeah cranck up the volume and beat the crap outta then,....they still work after two years

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

no subs need to be broken in.

Just start bumpin, if it breaks its because its user error.

A sub handles its rms from day 1.

I could have sworn there was a couple subs that the manufacturer said had to be broken in.

i believe AQ does.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

no subs need to be broken in.

Just start bumpin, if it breaks its because its user error.

A sub handles its rms from day 1.

I could have sworn there was a couple subs that the manufacturer said had to be broken in.

i believe AQ does.

AQ and DD woofers are the only brands that i know of that have a caution about break in time. for every other situation, just slam them day 1. they will "break in".

its just about suspension. progressive spiders have different tolerance at different points. if you beat the hell out of it out the box the weakest point of the spider is going to get weaker. the sub will work but may not play as intended by the manufacture.

ive done a sweep on a properly broken in sub and a sub given hell. no difference. test was done on a cheap ass woofer though.

I have a brand new 15" Orion HCCA lol , but only one and If I did have two I would rather not try just in cas haha

awesomeness-1.jpg

(4)DD 9918's

(2)DC 10k

8 6.5" focals

2 DD SS4 mid amps

Audison Bit One processor

Jl-cl-rlc line driver

iPad in dash

Dual Irragi 320a alts

8 batcaps 4000's

Second Skin sound deadened

DD´s ave very sensitive at day 1, yes you need some breaking in period, talking about my own experience ;)

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/