Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

I hate it when I go to a pawn shop and the amp or sub I wanted to buy is in the as-is shelf.

This only happens when the prior buyer bought the warranty for 10% of the value and fried the amp or sub and brought it back.

I went back to buy a T2 15. Ohm reading read fine, the price came down from $250 to $175 OTD. I was all over it.

I go back a few days later, and see a yellow sticker on it $50.00 "as-is".

I asked the salesperson and he rolled his eyes and said " the guy put 2000W on it and fried the coils and brought it back under warranty".

That shit needs to stop!

-Frank

I have zero rattle. Insulation works better than anything. Outside u could barley tell I have a system. Inside its a little lower volume wise than yours

What insulates better than insulation lol.

Should have replied back with

"Bro, you're doing it all wrong, you're supposed to use asbestos insulation, pack that shit all up in the doors so tight your windows don't go down, then sprinkle it all over the interior on the seats, dash, and apply a liberal amount t down the vents too.

Congratulations jackass, you've negated thousands of people's experience and decades of trial in error just simply by being a cheap-ass botard and not doing 5 minutes of research"

Fuckin retards in car audio (as in people who have been around for a LONG TIME and still are ignorant as shit). And arrogant too

Salesman. Fuckers prostituting out themselves and their reputation because they know they can get $20 extra on a xyz label amp then on the one THEY know is better

People who literally know nothing about audio, or basic electricity or physics annnnd refuse to learn or take advice

Also people who don't understand its not their system that doesn't hit as hard its that they're are going deaf. 130db = permanent hearing loss. 90dB and higher for long periods of time or at a specific frequency = permanent hearing loss.

Morons who tell you the only way to have a good system is to spend 10K$ on it, adjust your goals. Everyone doesn't need a ground pounder be happy with what you got.

the fact that my local audio shop is charging $9 a foot for 0 gauge wire. fuck that!

mine wants $16 a for the jl 0g...$16 a foot!

$5 foot for 4g

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

I have zero rattle. Insulation works better than anything. Outside u could barley tell I have a system. Inside its a little lower volume wise than yours

What insulates better than insulation lol.

Should have replied back with

"Bro, you're doing it all wrong, you're supposed to use asbestos insulation, pack that shit all up in the doors so tight your windows don't go down, then sprinkle it all over the interior on the seats, dash, and apply a liberal amount t down the vents too.

Congratulations jackass, you've negated thousands of people's experience and decades of trial in error just simply by being a cheap-ass botard and not doing 5 minutes of research"

lmfao!

one of those kids that's right no matter what.

jvc deck

stinger 1800 front

hc 2000 kinetic rear

2 runs of 1/0g

big 3/4

ct 60.4

2 ct 1400.1

ct EXO 15 d1

lots of deadner

type r comps front stage

6 kicker tweets rear stage

lots of great stuff

coming soon

ho alt

more bats

ct comps for front stage

more deadner

sweet amp rack

lots of L.E.D lights

new deck (thinking 80 prs, or flip out)

i bought my audiopipe amp from a person instead of a company/website. i thought i was going to give a guy a break because he doesnt want it anymore and he might need the money for something, when i got it the ears/mounts where all fucked up and my power/ground was half shoved inside the amp. i messaged him and got no response. he listed it as "new" but i couldnt see from the pics the scratches on it, it was obviously used.

1997 subaru legacy outback

Four 15's in a almost wall

Rockford Fosgate t2500-1bdcp

Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on tweets
Rockford Fosgate T400-4 on highs
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midrange
Rockford Fosgate T400-2 on midbass

Optima Yellow top batteries
270A Singer alt (working on a bracket for a second) 
Lots of Second Skin

People that want to turn every conversation into an argument so they can prove they're right. Lot of car audio is math/theory/fact but some of it is details and personal perception and opinion. What SOUNDS good to your ears may not to mine. Still, always one guy in the group wants to make you look like an asshole to prop himself up.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

I hate on the fur.

I know this. You have your own truck that you bought though. Everyone else that hates on it that I know is rolling on their daddy's money for a ride. I understand you don't like it from a fabrication standpoint, which I completely understand. I just like the look and it requires less sanding and shaping. I have consider bedliner too. It is just harder to remove haha.

Archived