Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

What I hate, being a perfectionist. Before I bedlined my enclosure, I took the time to block and sand the whole thing, sand the seams, ect and try to make it really look nice. After I finished, I can still see the seams (note, you can't even feel any step or seam in the bedliner, but I can SEE it and it pisses me off), and there were some spots where the texture wasn't the same across the faces of the box. Literally no one that has seen the box in person thinks it looks bad at all, especially considering it was my first time bedlining an enclosure, but I am my own worst critic.

I know I'm not the only one here like that, but I get frustrated cause EVERYTHING I do I end up picking apart later thinking I coulda/shoulda done something better. I guess that pushes me to do better work next time, but still.

2015 Toyota Tacoma Build Thread

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Volume adjustment on Pioneer head units. Have had two and usable volume is 45-62...but 60-62 is a larger increase than 52-60. I used my dd1 to adjust gain to max at 60..also give me a little wiggle room when listening to some quiet music but damn its annoying to have about 40+ volume levels you cannot use.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

• 2 weeks later...

People getting pissy and impatient when they're asking for help.

On the one hand, a guy local to me asked for help designing an enclosure. Was very forthcoming, said he can handle the construction (and based on the pics he's been sending, he's got box building on lockdown) but wasn't well versed and didn't trust himself on the mechanics of designing a ported enclosure. I told him up front I was slammed at work, and it would take me several days to a week to get it done for him, which he was fine with. We went back and forth over the course of several days, as I asked questions and made sure that the way I designed it, laid out the sub and port position, ect. not only worked with his vehicle but was aesthetically pleasing to him (no reason it has to be ugly to work well.) When the second design was finished (he wasn't overly carried away with how the first one was laid out), he was very pleased, and has been singing my praises to everyone that will listen ever since. I included screen caps from Google Sketchup, the Sketchup file, plots from WinISD, and a screen cap from Torres to make sure he had all the info he needed.

On the other, I see people at this forum and others show up, ask for help, give incomplete or vague information, then get pissy and impatient cause ten minutes to an hour later no one has bestowed a completed box design upon them. I mean, am I wrong to feel like if you're asking for help, especially FREE help, have a little fucking patience and humility and chill the Hell out?

2007 Mazda 3; 5000K HID's, Kenwood Excelon KDC-X997, Infinity Reference 6.5 comps in front and coaxials in the rear doors, JL 320.4 four channel, Rab Designs built ported enclosure with an SA12, Kenwood monoblock, Redline Leater shift boot/e-brake boot/center console cover, JBR short shifter/shifter bushings/rear motor mount.

Build Thread

1996 Mazda Miata: Kenwood Excelon HU, Alpine speaker in the doors, Clearwater (miata specific) headrest speakers. 

1994 Mazda Protege: Kenwood Excelon HU, Infinity Reference 2 ways all around, 2x RF Punch 10's in ported boxes. 

Volume adjustment on Pioneer head units. Have had two and usable volume is 45-62...but 60-62 is a larger increase than 52-60. I used my dd1 to adjust gain to max at 60..also give me a little wiggle room when listening to some quiet music but damn its annoying to have about 40+ volume levels you cannot use.

Which one you got? Mine only goes to 40...............

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

And again: people asking for help that are so obviously in over their heads they don't know what the Hell is going on.

You recognize that they don't have the skills to fix it on their own, advise they find a pro, they get butthurt cause they're not a complete Newb (tried to convince me his PAC steering wheel control module was an LOC, fucking face palm).

Build Thread

I guy I know is constantly bragging about how loud his car is. I've been helping him with it for a while and he listens to advice and such but every time I talk to him it's, "so I was behind this car playing full tilt and made the people mad" or, "I was playing my music at my house and my neighbors came over and told me to turn it down, I was shaking their house". He doesn't get that not everybody wants to hear his music.

2001 Saturn L200
-Sony MEX-BT4100P
FRONT STAGE:
- (4) Crescendo PWX 6
- Cadence XA250.2
SUB STAGE:
-Fi Audio BL 15 (Sealed Off)
-Crescendo BC2k
ELECTRICAL:
- Singer 240A alt

- XS Power D3400
- SkyHigh OFC power/speaker wire
- Big 3 with SkyHigh 0gauge
Build Log: Click Here

Scores: 146.5db @ 29hz Outlaw

I guy I know is constantly bragging about how loud his car is. I've been helping him with it for a while and he listens to advice and such but every time I talk to him it's, "so I was behind this car playing full tilt and made the people mad" or, "I was playing my music at my house and my neighbors came over and told me to turn it down, I was shaking their house". He doesn't get that not everybody wants to hear his music.

And those are the asshats that ruin it for the rest of us being obnoxious.

Build Thread

And those are the asshats that ruin it for the rest of us being obnoxious.

^^this

2007 Chevy Tahoe (SOLD)

12 ~ FI Audio X series 10" w/BP option

2 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @0.67

3 ~ DC Audio 5.0K @1.0 

2 ~ PPI 3 way sets (not installed yet)

1 ~ RF T400-4, 1 ~ RF T600-2, 1 ~ RF T600-4

4 ~ CT Sounds 5.25" Strato comps  (rear fill only)

1 ~ XS Power D4800

1 ~ XS Power D3400

8 ~ XS Power XP3000

160 stock alt, Mechman 370 Elite, 185 DC Power

320+ Sq. Ft. Sound Deadener

Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/knfjdkghjudfhsgkjdhf/videos?sort=dd&view=0&shelf_id=0

-Saving up for new mids/highs amps, and unexpected shit comes up draining the audio fund.

-No music in the car because of above

-Some people. I sold some coax speakers a while back, and the buyer said the tweets didn't work. So I pay for return shipping and send another set. Well today I was bored and decided to hook up these "bad" speakers. They sound fucking amazing. If thats a blown speaker, I don't know how good a not blown one would sound.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

Archived