Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

certain websites that have "86% off sales" and you damn well and good that the markdowns are only like 10% off their normal price at best. And they base this bullshit number off MSRP. Feels like they think i am stupid enough to believe it? We all want truth in advertising in car audio but when the vendors cant even tell the truth about their own sales it makes me lose faith.

When someone won't listen when you tell em the dimensions they got won't allow for both of their subs to be in a ported box, then they start naming off shit somebody told em to do.

When someone claims they can hit 155db on music with two fifteens on 7k watts with a 105 amp alternator and 5 wet cell batteries for 2-3 hours straight on a $2k budget so they're shitting on people who can't hit 150db yet.

So you search for their username and find out they're an 18 year old kid still in high school living at their parents house with two 15s on 2k watts barely able to hit 150 db on a burp. Don't get me wrong, hitting 150db with 2k watts IS impressive, but you don't need to lie about that shit to stroke your ego.

When you sell someone a 3200 watt amp with 0 gauge inputs, and instead of getting decent wire to power it, he uses 2 different kinds of cheap ass 6 gauge wire, no fuses, and all stock electrical. I hope he keeps a fire extinguisher.

Fi Team 18's (4)
Crossfire 16k
Crossfire 400.4 & 800.4
Pioneer AVH-X491bhs
140ah cmax
CES 320's (2)

• 2 weeks later...

Ordering a sub from a SMD forum partner in early April, it being shipped a couple of weeks after the supposed release date in june.

Getting aforementioned sub which was supposedly just built in the past week before it shipped and it having what looks like a few weeks of moisture exposure from the amount of rust in/on the pole & coil vents.

Shipping the rusted sub back to them (on their dime at least) and upgrading to the next highest model of the manufacturers sub line and having to wait the full 3-4 weeks on the build list (4 weeks as of today)

Been 102 days since i paid for the original sub and i'm still without bass :cray:

'07 Ford Ranger - DM-608 I E700.4 I SA-CX6.5 v2 I SAZ-1500D 15th (x2) I Zv6 12" D1 I SB500-34 I JP40 I

On 5/21/2015 at 7:07 PM, boom50cal said:

of course he gives no fucks. it's a ford ranger.

only bad mother fuckers drive ford rangers

my lack of knowledge. spending a pretty penny on some mainstream subs when i could have have gone a better route for less money.

B2 Zero.7r - Soundqubed 4-120 - Digital Designs 9918 - Rockford Fosgate T1 5.25" - Deh-80prs - XS Power D3400 XS Power XP3000 - Mechman 250A - Big3

people that don't color coordinate their wire. or atleast distinguish them someway with tape or heatshink or something...

same shit when I get into a 3 phase motor and it's just 3 of the same color wires as hot feeds, no rotation marked...

This lol I used to hate that when I started doing electrical work, but now it doesn't bother me. After a certain size and voltage they don't really care about color coding wires.

2007 Ford F-150 Reg. Cab. Flareside
250 Mechman Alternator
Sky High Car Audio Big 3
XS Power D3400
Rockford Fosgate 1/0 amp kit
Rockford Fosgate T1500-1bdcp
Rockford Fosgate T400-4
DC Audio Lvl 4 12"
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6.5" component
Rockford Fosgate Punch 6x8
Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD
SMD Volt Meter