Things that piss you off in the Car Audio world.

when people tell me to be careful because they think 2000 watt rms can break my back window. which i know for a fact 1500 watt rms barely even flex it.

when people tell me im going to go deaf. When you can look at the specs for fi bl 15 subwoofer rating and it peaks out at 91 db if your lucky and have everything properly setup.

when my manager thinks his cerwin vega stroker thats on a 1200 watt rms amplifier can beat my fi bl 15, which also has stock electrical and a wet cell battery.

when people cheap out on their install and you feel so bad that their car might catch on fire you use all your supplies to do the install correctly.

when you go to a car audio place ask them for a price on an item and its like double or triple the price compared to online.

when people tell me im going to go deaf. When you can look at the specs for fi bl 15 subwoofer rating and it peaks out at 91 db if your lucky and have everything properly setup.

False :peepwall:

yeah that spl: 91db dont mean it peaks at 91 db. Its the sensitivity

If you can only get 91db out of one your doin something really wrong

6 Sundown X 15s

2 Sundown NS1 V2s

C Pillar 4th order

Bagged Suburban on 24s

http://youtube.com/tlee333

I know most of this is from little pissing matches you have with people trying to say their gear is louder than yours or their gear is better than yours but you increase the drama by disagreeing with them.

Guys, why don't you all try this. When they ask how loud your system is say oh, I can only do like 120db's or something ungodly low. Or yeah my amps says it will do 4k watts but it really only does 500w. Start messing with them and then the roumors will start rolling, That dude with 500w is like 100 X louder than that guy over there with 5kw. Have some fun, don't get all pissed and stuff. Go into a shop selling Boss and say yeah I couldn't afford the Boss so I picked up this weak ass Sundown or DC gear. Have fun with it because arguing is a waste of time and from a bystander you both look like idiots! :)

Yep, 91db is a standardized measurement. Place the sub 1 meter away from the measuring device without enclosure and give it 1 watt at a certain frequency (I don't recall the frequency) and that is what the db comes from in the specs.

I went into a local car audio shop yesterday in colerain. Audio Advantage.

I asked if they would recone subs, they said yes but what brand.

I told them DC Audio.

They looked at me and said that company is closed and you can't recone their subs.

Then they told me that once you recone a sub, it'll never play "right" ever again....

And that is because it wasn't done by a machine in a factory.....

After I asked them if Memphis subs were pretty good, they then told me they have never reconed a sub before...

Team Clearly Louder (MECA)Team DC Audio

++* SELLING the CACTUS SOUNDS K12 for $1550 shipped *++

HMU!!!

3 flips. nollie flips. big flips. hardflips. - steez

Youtube Channel My Build Log

95 Bonneville SSE

- WALLED/4th Order - ~30 cubes -

*thanks LoganBerry, CortezDVT, Cj18, SuperCharged DC, Ryan-RAM Designs,LoudNLow931*

People who Google things, read from others, are told by others and think they're professionals. Then go online and make fun of the other uneducated people who they themselves were a part of just 5 minutes ago.

This.

But also applying to those who talk about shops not knowing what they are talking about...when they don't know what they are talking about.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

when people tell me to be careful because they think 2000 watt rms can break my back window. which i know for a fact 1500 watt rms barely even flex it.

when my manager thinks his cerwin vega stroker thats on a 1200 watt rms amplifier can beat my fi bl 15, which also has stock electrical and a wet cell battery.

RED:if you need 1500W RMS to flex a window then you are doing something wrong. (300W RMS should be able to flex a window easily, atleast 300W with a good box)

Blue: His stroker could be louder then your BL, the stoker is a great sub, it's very efficient.(Most old school subs are more efficient then the same newer subs, although it's not always like that)

Yep, 91db is a standardized measurement. Place the sub 1 meter away from the measuring device without enclosure and give it 1 watt at a certain frequency (I don't recall the frequency) and that is what the db comes from in the specs.

1w at 1 meter at 1000hz; yes 1000 hertz even for subwoofers.

I don't like it when people confuse efficiency with sensitivity.

Annoying hatches that have tiny openings so it's almost impossible to deaden properly. Not being able to get the roller into the area you want.

People not stating what equipment they have when they have a problem or just say a 1000W amp and a single din HU and 6.5inch speakers which doesn't really help at all.

Thinking is the root of all problems...

You ALWAYS get what you pay for.

Archived