Sonic Electronix

People say 1500RMS is fine on stock electrical

My DEH-4100UB clipped past 48. I'm almost positive you're clipping. Stinky and warm sub is a sign of a lack of cooling. Which can be sub induced, but more often than not is a sign of clipping.

Turn your stereo up to 45 and readjust your gains from there. You'll probably end up with your gains around the halfway mark, take or give some. If you have a DMM put it on the + and - terminals of your amp and play full tilt. If you're seeing 10s, a supplementary battery in the back is something to look into. High 11s and above aren't too much of an issue.

Edit... Good rule of thumb on most decks is after 75% they start to clip. 75% of 63 is around 47.25... Which puts that deck right around 48 where my old DEH-4100 started to clip. Good luck.

Subwoofer @ 0 on that deck.

Lows @ 0 on that deck.

Got in tonight to go to girlfriend voltage was at 13-13.5 and staying its normally 14.4v when i start it after awhile hmmm could it be my batteries? Also I'll redo my ground for sure and i just changed my tuning to 48 instead of 58 helped a little for sure but still warmer than id like it after 15-20 minutes... So if im correct:

Check Ground

Set HU @ 48volume (check)

Adjust Gain to 38v @ 1 ohm (check)

Subsonic on (check)

LPF and HPF on (check)

XSD680 in the back

Think this should help a lot? lol I dont expect to run the impossible through this sub i know its not invincible but I expect it to atleast take under-rating on my daily driver I mean 1500 out of 1600 and ive almost gone through every fail safe to keep it cool.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

DC 15" Level 3's /w 4 Coils

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Audiopipe 1500.1D @ 14.4v

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

Coming Soon: 270xp / xs1200

I have a 70amp alt with a Honda battery and I never drop below 12.5 at full tilt and nothing gets warm. I'm running the Audiopipe 1500d to 2 sundown sa-12's wired to .5 ohm

Im running about 2000RMS with my highs and lows... I have a 90a brand new stock alternator usually around 14.4v cold and 13.5v warm. I run an AP1500.1D and even when driving my subwoofer get really hot and sometimes smells. Ive metered the amplifier and set it to 1500RMS off a DMM with 50hz tone. My box is 6.7cft @ 27hz. I have a brand new battery from Walmart (lmao) and big III with 0 gauge. So essentially im stock, yet @ 1500-2000RMS tuned my system gets really hot to the point where I have to turn it back and its not even loud anymore. Gain is half of half way and I know its probably clipping since my woofer can handle 1600rms daily.

What upgrades other than alt would help me out? and if so what size alt (not DC im not paying retarded prices) would get me by reason i wouldnt buy an expensive alt is because this jeep is old and it needs an engine rebuild.

I'm running a Sundown SAZ-1500D and a pair of SA-12's, stock electrical, and I can have my car idling for 15 minutes, bangin' the system out and my subs/amp won't even be warm

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

your 50hz tone might not be at the correct decibel level, where did you get it from? Your calculations dont account for box rise or amplifier efficiency drop as voltage drops so you might be setting your amp at a clipped level anyways.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

Got the tone from decaf and according to everyone else they dont get drop and they use audiopipe off stock thats worse than mine and why is everyone telling me "I use SA-12'a and my stuff doesnt get warm." what do you want me to say? lol mine does... and I dont ever drop below 13.5v but my subwoofer still gets hot.

This thing is a daily woofer capible of 1600rms daily i don't get why this is happening it has to be my box maybe? but i doubt it.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

besides any cheaper quality equipment or possible clipping, ive ran close to what you got on similar alt, no big 3 and i never had an issue, only i had a nice amp and cheap subs, my next setup is 1500-2000 range and i only have an extra bat at the moment, but ive been assured by many that i should be alright, my alt is a 120a alt i believe and ill have big 3 and all 0gauge

besides any cheaper quality equipment or possible clipping, ive ran close to what you got on similar alt, no big 3 and i never had an issue, only i had a nice amp and cheap subs, my next setup is 1500-2000 range and i only have an extra bat at the moment, but ive been assured by many that i should be alright, my alt is a 120a alt i believe and ill have big 3 and all 0gauge

Cool? How does this help me? :-p and how is a 120a alt similar to a 90a? and you also have an extra battery I'd say your electrical is way better than mine especially if you're running a more efficient amplifier. My box is 6.8cft 27hz it does seem to get hotter with the new box but not much... It did this on my last box which was much different. I'm guessing im gonna have to bite the bullet and just get a XS battery for the rear and another run of 0 gauge.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga

my brother inlaw has an 06 impala all stock, just a run of 1/0 to a rf 2500 and a fully loaded btl 12 and had no problems

clarion cz500 head unit

Kinetik hc600

2 level 3 15s in a 4th order

mb quart 1500.1 (for now untill i get a dc 1.2k)

all knu konceptz wiring

in a 2009 ford flex

-DISKOLORED AUDIO-

-Authorized Dealer for DC Soundlab in Alaska-

my brother inlaw has an 06 impala all stock, just a run of 1/0 to a rf 2500 and a fully loaded btl 12 and had no problems

Ok enough stories please lol... This doesnt help me... Hes running a fully loaded BTL of course its not going to get warm off a efficient amplifier like a rockford... Can anyone add advice or info to help me? Im running a mid end PSI it barely does 1600RMS without breaking a sweat but it's daily its going to get warm but not HOT with smell thats my problem idc about warm as long as its safe and this is NOT.

Grand Cherokee

Team Backwoods Bumpers

Pioneer deh4200ub

Pioneer 3-ways

Pioneer Tweeters

Pioneer GM-D9500F

Clarion Equalizer

Knuconeptz Kollosus 0ga

Knuconpetz Kollosus 4ga