SQ build help

SAMZ

the car in that link is not an SQ car....it's a rolling sound system lol-

also, SQ doesn't equal loud. You simply needs drivers that will properly cover their respected ranges, play 100+ db without distortion, a proper signal path with the ability to tune the system correctly. Then you need to take it to some who can tune a system. seriously...half the ppl claiming SQ are laughable simply because 'they' tune it.....lol

the fact that car audio 'guys', who subject their hearing to extreme levels of crap and distortion, claim to 'properly tune' their own system is bullshit. Show me the car audio 'tuner' who comes back from a hearing test with 100% hearing across the frq. band and then you can talk about tuning your system. Other than that, you will need a high quality RTA mic and metering software. You'll also need the knowledge to tune the system correctly, IE- what curve. Musical applications typically follow a certain slope, with the low end being roughly 5db higher than the high end. This results in a rich, warm sounding, musical system.

I would treat the doors properly, treat the car acoustically, get the appropriate products to eq and crossover the signal path. And for SQ- a digital signal processor is a must. for half assed SQ at least a 31 band eq if not more.

Without getting serious about SQ, you won't get sound quality. now go get'em!

lol i guess i want a rollin sound system

what i want in my car is a super loud, clear car, i want loud sq so u can here it from blocks away

example this

eVs :No:

good for auditoriums, not for cars....

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Not "perfect"..

My last hearing test showed I cant hear over 15k

lucky. i have a high pitch whine that no one else seems to be able to hear but drives me nuts.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

what i want in my car is a super loud, clear car, i want loud sq so u can here it from blocks away

example this

Wow...this = nothing like an SQ car. You are looking for the 'mids and highs section'. This is the SQ section.

:werd_msword:

example this

Wow...this = nothing like an SQ car. You are looking for the 'mids and highs section'. This is the SQ section.

:werd_msword:

I agree ... :werd_msword:

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

example this

This is NOT Sound Quality ...

You might can look here to get a more idea of what I call Sound Quality ...

http://#$%^!@#$%&^%%*(^&%C%^&*#.com/forum/index.php?/topic/3334-aspects-of-sound-quality/

Best of luck to ya bro ...

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

Archived